Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Home Broadband moving home

Moving home can be stressful but moving EE Home Broadband to your new address needn't be. Follow the steps below for a smooth move for your EE Broadband.

Within this post we will run through the following:

• How to check your line speed and package availability online  

• How to book your home move 

• What to expect on your moving date

How do I check the speed and package I can get in my new home?

Our home broadband help and support pages will let you know what package is available, by simply popping in your new postcode or landline number into the relevant search area.

Please note: this is for guidance only. Please be careful not to place a brand new home broadband order for your new property.

How do I book a home move?

There are a few options you have to book your home move; simply select the one that is the easiest and most convenient for you to begin.

• Call us on 0800 079 8586 and select option for EE Home Broadband.

Will my package change?

• We'll do our best to provide all of your existing EE Home Broadband package and services to you at your new home. This, however, does depend on the availability of broadband and fibre broadband in the area you're moving to.

• If you have our EE TV service, you'll also need to check to see if you can get a digital TV signal at your new home. You can do this by having a look at the Digital UK website.

When will my home move happen?

We'll keep you up to date with the progress of your order by text or email.

• Your EE Home Broadband service could go live at any time on your go live date. It's rare, but this could be as late as midnight.

• If your moving date changes, please call 0800 079 8586 to let us know as soon as possible.

• If you're moving within the same telephone exchange area it may be possible for you to keep your current phone number - we'll let you know when you start your home move if a new number is required.

Once we've been in touch to let you know how things are getting on, you'll be able to track the progress of your move online.

What do I need to take with me?

• In most cases all you'll need to bring with you to your new home is your wireless router and EE TV box (and any broadband filters).

• In some cases we'll need to send you out brand new equipment - we'll let you know when you start your home move.

• On the day your service is due to go live, we will text you to let you know when you are up and running. Just plug in your equipment and you can start using it straight away.

We hope that you have found all the answers to your questions here but if you have any other questions you'd like us to answer, just leave a comment below by tapping the "reply" button. We'll be happy to help. 

For more information please visit our How do I arrange my move? help and support pages.

Thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.