07-06-2019 06:29 PM - edited 07-06-2019 06:41 PM
Hey. I've been on EE for about a week or two, when we first got it we were getting around 20 MPBS on speedtest.net - Then we upgraded to 50 MBPS, it was 50 MPBS for few days. Now it's back down to around 20 MPBS.
It's not only that, in games I also have ping around 70-80 to servers 1 hour away from me (Oxford > London).
I've spoke to live support plenty of times, they just tell me to factory reset the hub, which I've done, and I still get these terrible speeds.
07-06-2019 06:48 PM
Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.
If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:
1. Post your full router stats.
For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.
Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.
2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.
3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.
4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.
5. What's the tracert to BBC.co.uk & to your game server?
07-06-2019 07:51 PM
1. Don't have that option
3. Not sure our phone number
4. Same as 3
Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [126.96.36.199]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 192.168.1.254
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 188.8.131.52
5 85 ms 39 ms 79 ms 184.108.40.206
6 11 ms 15 ms 59 ms 220.127.116.11
7 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms lag-107.ear3.London2.Level3.net [18.104.22.168]
8 13 ms 68 ms 12 ms FASTLY-INC.ear3.London2.Level3.net [22.214.171.124]
9 12 ms 72 ms 13 ms 126.96.36.199
No idea how to check to game server
07-06-2019 09:41 PM
07-06-2019 10:09 PM
Your ping could be the server you are connecting to, traffic, their internet connection..etc. this is not necessarily EE line.
Are you gaming over WiFi or are you wired to your router? Equally are you speed testing over WiFi or via ethernet?