by Oga
Explorer

Hi, can’t connect my IMac while all other devices are connected. Any idea please

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Hi, can’t connect my IMac while all other devices are connected. Any idea pl

Good Evening @Oga

Welcome to the community.

Are you connecting to an EE Broadband router?

How many other devices do you have connected?

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi, can’t connect my IMac while all other devices are connected. Any idea pl

Connect your iMac to what?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Oga
Explorer

Hello Leanne
Yes I am. There are about 10 other devices including Chromecast and SmartTV. Basically all others are wireless and connect ok.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Oga : Can you see the SSID of your router in the list of networks seen by the Mac? If so, click on it & supply the WiFi password of the router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Oga
Explorer

To wiFi (thru EE broadband) while all other wireless devices are connected
by Oga
Explorer

Hello yes I can.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

So what happens when you supply the WiFi password to it?

by Oga
Explorer

Basically for a very short period of time it works and then connection is lost. Computer somehow freezes if I try to reconnect. After 10 minutes I can try again but impossible to connect.
Got the computer checked by Apple. Said no issue there.
by

Hi @Oga

Welcome to the community.

Is it possible to connect your iMac to a different WiFi connection, as a test?

Thanks

Chris

by Oga
Explorer

Hello,
Difficult but I have changed once the EE router.
I used to be on BT and never had any issues connecting this IMac.
by

Have you managed to try a different WiFi connection since we spoke, @Oga?

Chris

by Oga
Explorer

Hi Chris
I have stopped using a wireless computer which was sitting next to the iMac and it worked well. Will try again later. It could too many devices were connected.
With another Wi-fi connection it was the same issue.
by

Let us know how you get on @Oga

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.