by Gg0824
Explorer

Hi I want wireless in outhouse approx 20mts from house will booster pack work

I have EE brightbox 2 wireless router the signal just reaches outhouse 20mt away. If I purchase the EE booster pack would that get me a good signal to stream video TV etc. Anyone out there know the answer?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Hi I want wireless in outhouse approx 20mts from house will booster pack wor

Yes, the EE WiFi Booster Pack is a Devolo dLAN 500 powerline extender that works by carrying the signal over your electric mains wiring. As long as the outhouse is on the same mains as the main building it will work for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi I want wireless in outhouse approx 20mts from house will booster pack wor

@Gg0824  No no no.   That's a add on to allow more data not extend the range of the Wi-Fi signal for this you're better off buying a Wi-Fi repeater these can be purchased at places like curries PC World.  

Like this ONE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Is your outhouse connected to the main house electrics? 

If so then consider using powerline adaptors and either a Ethernet switch in tour outhouse or a wireless pass through

I have linked to the netgear equipment as it's what I use and would recommend. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, the EE WiFi Booster Pack is a Devolo dLAN 500 powerline extender that works by carrying the signal over your electric mains wiring. As long as the outhouse is on the same mains as the main building it will work for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gg0824 sorry my mistake I've never seen that page and I didn't know EE had these.  Sorry again for my mistake but try this ONE for the page that @XRaySpeX is trying to link you too. 

You can still though use the one I linked to in my first reply though. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Funny. The link, https://eehomebroadband.com/ProductDetail.aspx , I gave works sometimes & not others :(.

by Gg0824
Explorer

Thanks for that. I will buy the EE booster pack device to keep compatable with the EE suplied router. Hope it gets me going now. The out house is supplied with a armoured cable from my house, and all leads go to the same circuit board. Being a outhouse the supply is obviously got its own circuit breaker in the outhouse but all the mains wires connect to the same master fuse box in my house. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives. Thanks for information.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  I just deleted 

ErrorGeneric.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/ProductDetail.aspx

from the URL when it errors and it works every time with just 

https://eehomebroadband.com

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.