by frosty2020 Investigator
Investigator

HDD showing in Smart Hub Home but it does not apprear in My Network on Explorer

Morning all, 

I have just had Fibre installed with the EE Smart Hub as the router. The router side is all working and i am getting good data speeds. I connected a WD HDD to the USB port and went to Explorer in Win 10 and the HDD is not listed. All my other devices are listed. 

I logged on to the router and i saw all the connected devices listed including the HDD. However, if i click on the HDD it only has options to change the name of it and the icon. 

Is there a setting i am missing to allow the HDD to be accessible accross my network? 

Cheers 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: HDD showing in Smart Hub Home but it does not apprear in My Network on Explo

@frosty2020   What size is the HDD there is a size limit.  I believe it’s 200GB 

Investigator

Re: HDD showing in Smart Hub Home but it does not apprear in My Network on Explo

Ah well that wont work.... The HDD is 8TB !!! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@frosty2020  just slightly over the limit then.   😆

Investigator

Just a little. 

@Chris_B thanks for the info. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't believe there is a size limit, certainly not that low. What format is your HDD?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@frosty2020   Sorry it’s not 200GB it’s 2TB.  I do apologise.  

Investigator

@XRaySpeX  thanks for the update. The HDD is formatted to NTFS but its still a bit too big to allow my HDD to be visible. 

@Chris_B  no problem 

cheers both 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

NTFS is fine; looks like size isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions