14-08-2019 12:45 PM
I am new to EE broadband and the guys on the phone tells me that there is nothing they can do to get faster speeds or faster pings.
Is this correct? ( I have come from virgin)
So last time I had a BT connection broadband was some time ago and they used to be able to change things and get things to be faster.
I'm seeing pings of 24ms and 62mbps down 20mpbs up.
Does anyone know?
I am btw using ethernet and not wifi.
14-08-2019 12:49 PM
Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.
If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:
1. Post your full router stats.
For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.
Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.
2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.
3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.
4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.
5. What is the ping to BBC.co.uk?
14-08-2019 01:45 PM
sure here you go.
Product name:Smart Hub
Firmware updated:Your Firmware has not been updated.
DSL uptime:1 Days, 4 Hours, 2 Mins, 22 Secs
Data rate:20.00 Mbps / 64.17 Mbps
Maximum data rate:22.01 Mbps / 64.62 Mbps
Noise margin (up/down):6.7 / 6.0
Line attenuation (up/down):20.6 / 16.6
Signal attenuation (up/down):20.4 / 16.5
Data sent / received:45.1 GB / 11.6 GB
2.4 GHz wireless network name:EE-Hub-N9Hw
2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel 1)
5 GHz wireless network name:EE-Hub-N9Hw
5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel 48)
Wireless mode:Mode 1
Boot loader: 0.0.3-EE (Mon Dec 4 17:32:53 2017)
Pinging bbc.co.uk [22.214.171.124] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 126.96.36.199: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=50
Reply from 188.8.131.52: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=50
Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=50
Reply from 220.127.116.11: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=50
Ping statistics for 18.104.22.168:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 36ms, Average = 25ms
there you go.
by Cazamataz66 Saturday