by Haywooddean
Explorer

Games on EE broadband

I’ve had my broadband through EE for the past 2 months now and I enjoy playing don’t starve together with some friends and family on my computer however my broadband is blocking people from connecting to me online I have swapped connections to my phone through hotspot and they connect straight away but when I connect back to my home broadband they can’t connect how to I resolve this ?? 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Games on EE broadband

Are you running a game server on your PC? What are you telling peeps where to connect to?

What network is your phone on?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Haywooddean
Explorer

The game server is on steams gaming servers online

my phone network is also EE, if I connect my pc up to my phone hotspot they have no issues joining my game however if I connect my computer to my home broadband they can’t join the game,

its as if something on my broadband settings is blocking connectivity of others to my games 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your game? Run on some remote server? You mean you start you own game on the Stream servers & invite others to join it?

There should be no issue with others joining that. Your EE BB doesn't come into it. Can you join games others start?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.