Highlighted
by LegendaryAced Established Contributor
Established Contributor

G.fast and EE

After yesterday's announcement, https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/new-consumer-business-unit-of-bt-group-unveils-plan-to-deliver-uks-first-c... , I am happy to see new products and service coming to EE.

I am soon moving to a property that is covered by BT's G.fast with speeds up to 330/50 Mbps. I can already place an order with BT Consumer, but as an EE Mobile customer I would be interested to know of the upcoming offerings from EE.

If there is no information on pricing and packages, does anyone know when availability for G.fast is coming? The article already mentions summer 2018, but I would appreciate something a little more specific.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: G.fast and EE

Hi @LegendaryAced and welcome back to the community.

The new service will be launching in the coming months and pricing details will be revealed in the coming months.

Please keep an eye on shop.ee.co.uk/broadband and our social media channels.

Many thanks,

Lee

16 REPLIES 16
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @LegendaryAced and welcome back to the community.

The new service will be launching in the coming months and pricing details will be revealed in the coming months.

Please keep an eye on shop.ee.co.uk/broadband and our social media channels.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

G.Fast has very limited availability on the network, and has limited capabilities. It will only be for those few properties that are close enough to benefit as the range over copper is very limited.  I'd be very interested to see what speed you can potentially get in the real world.  Does BT Retail give you a speed estimate for your line if you should try and sign up for it? (as a potential switcher from EE)

Established Contributor

Hi @Paulosb,

BT Retail give a guarantee of 100Mbps. If the actual result ever falls under it, they give compensation. They can already accept my order on their website.

A more accurate estimate can be found here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

See below my estimate:

g.fast_estimate.PNG

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

The G.Fast packages appear on the EE shop as of yesterday for my postcode CW84NW, the G.Fast pod was installed onto our street cabinet around February. just keep checking on the EE shop they should appear soon if your G.Fast extension pod has been installed.

None of the other ISPs seem to be marketing the new service yet for my area, looks like EE have got themselves  a head start on uptake.

I ordered the 300/50 package yesterday (14th May) so will see how the install goes on the 22nd May.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chezy1 : BT are.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

D5490CA8-7982-4306-AFBD-23AC63E172D6.pngNot for my Address they don’t yet. 

[Mod edit: Image rejected as it contained personal information]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chezy1 : G.Fast is available on your line according to that BT Availability Checker I asked you for & which you have under your Profile. You could post it here if only you would obscure your phone no. The 1 you did post instead & was rejected was useless anyway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

91527ADD-71AD-4EC2-B0C4-B308F4A7B232.jpeg

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

@XRaySpeX : It shows as available and G.Fast enabled on the BT wholesale availability checker but when you go to the sales page and put your details in it says sorry we can’t show you the deals your looking for right now.

EE was the only sales page I found where it showed you the two Ultrafast packages 300/30 and 150/30 upon entering details.

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

@LegendaryAced : I got a 20gb mobile data boost included with my EE G.Fast 300/50 order, and also a discounted price, from the price that was showing on the web page.

Established Contributor

That’s good @Chezy1  . I guess you applied over the phone and got a better price?

I no longer live in a G.fast enabled address, so my only option now is ADSL for landline broadband.

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

Yes @LegendaryAced i called the number from the web sales page due to the price showing as £47 then it changed to £54 once my details were entered!  So I called them to see what was going on, then managed to negotiate a price of £42, that’s about £12 more than I’m paying for my 80/20 package and the 20gb data boost alone is worth more than that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chezy1 wrote:

when you go to the sales page and put your details in it says sorry we can’t show you the deals your looking for right now.

What Sales page? You said yourself it shows on the EE Sales page.

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

@XRaySpeX : The BT one.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chezy1 : You mean on https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals/ ? I'm surprised.

by Chezy1 Contributor
Contributor

@XRaySpeX : Yes the BT sales page. BT own EE so it puzzles me why they also don’t list for my address when I enter my details on their sales page.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.