cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Norton antivirus

Silky-jac
Explorer

Hi

ive recently got broad band and had email to download norton free. But they want card details for next years payment. Why can’t I decide if I want it again next year thanks

45 REPLIES 45
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's the way they do it. You just need to remember to cancel your subscription just before it expires. In fact, you might be able to cancel it just after you've signed up as the 1st year's subscription has been taken care of by EE. I've done similar with Amazon Prime, signed up, cancelled subs but kept Prime to the end of the free period. I don't see Norton being any diff from Amazon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.,

If you need anything else @Silky-jac, just let us know 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

Didn't work for me, I followed the link from the MyEE which took me to set up a my Norton account and then buy the product I followed the steps in the help guide, I get that you have to enter card details on the purchase page then uncheck the auto-renew toggle in the My account and so forth, but I was still charged £39.99 for the premium edition, This sucks big time. Free but not free yeah right. Cheers EE.

@Timthesurveyor : Well, I can order it & get as far as giving my banking details & it's showing NIS for £0:Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Well it surely didn't work for me working through the links within the EE web pages, I do know how to follow click throughs. So I am now down by £39.99.

And I did read your identical reply to the earlier question which is why I posted here.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Timthesurveyor

I am sorry to hear you have been charged for the Norton Security.

Have you contacted Norton or the EE Broadband Care team to get this looked into?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne, Judging from an earlier post either on this thread or a parallel one, there is little point contacting Norton Symantec. I will try and raise it with the BB Care team by calling, they have been really good during the contract set-up phase.

Just a thought, as there are a string of us raising the same problem/question, (not just me being an idiot) given that one person who replied both to me and an earlier poster was able to paste a screen shot showing the correct £0 charge, is there a possibility that there is one rogue link page in the EE site (as there are multiple pages/links both on the non-customer "come-on-and-join-EE" pages, and once you are a customer and therfore accessing via MyEE linked pages, covering the free Norton offer) which does NOT correctly link to the EE £0, but goes to the standard public Norton shop page click through at £39.99?

I ask as the free Norton offer invitation comes up in multiple click-throughs, and does not always have the same web-page address ...... Timthesurveyor