by jamilnuman Investigator
Investigator

Free Fibre/Broadband

On the 7th of October 2019 I was contacted by Nina; “Hi we can now offer you free full speed fibre broadband and line rental for 12 months. I will call you later today
EE-BT“. I contacted EE several times (no one had contacted me regarding this after I went through the contractual agreement and terms & conditions) except yesterday when I was shocked to be told that they wouldn’t fulfil their promises! I explained I missed several deals due to this and I am legally entitled to this as contractually I agreed! I feel like this was done just to keep me on EE as I explained I wanted to leave and they gave me this deal? This must be misconduct and I think Ofcom

should be made aware! Can someone please help me and fulfil this contractual agreement that they made with me! 

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Free Fibre/Broadband

@jamilnuman   Do you have anything to say that this is your tariff/contract?   

Investigator

Yes I have a Text Message for the initial offer and then a voice call saying so and going through the tariff details. This has been confirmed by another colleague who said that the tariff was meant to be as I said but she never has seen something like this and I’m waiting on a reply still.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jamilnuman  Then you’ll  have to wait on that reply.  you might have an offer but do you have anything to say that this is your account tariff?   An email with the terms of the tariff and stating the start and end date of that tariff and what you get with that tariff.     I don’t mean the offer I mean the account contract. 

Investigator

I was told that the contract would be sent to me but it wasn’t. I spoke to the individual over the phone and went through all of the things you have asked of and she asked me to agree to these terms - this is confirmed by another colleague. I think a member of management should contact me regarding this if you can’t help actually getting this resolved. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jamilnuman   No one from this forum will contact you you will have to call EE customer services yourself. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You never made a contract with EE for free BB & line rental. As I understand it:

1. You had an offer of it from EE by text.
  2. You ordered it from EE by phone call.
  3. EE never accepted your order, Had they done so you would have received all the info set out above by @Chris_B.  In fact they later rejected your order, as is their right.

So no contract was made. OFCOM don't handle individual complaints & anyway will not get involved woth contrctual matters, only the Courts will.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

That is incorrect. A verbal contract was made. An offer and acceptance. T&Cs all gone through and all details accepted. Formal complaint has been made.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Are you sure Nina was even EE, and why would they mention BT?

It sounds more like some sort of scam designed for you to give your bank details to some scammer so they could send all your money to an offshore scamming site.

What makes you think any company would give away free broadband and line rental for a year, the whole story does not make any sense.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum : Both TT & OUK once offered free BB for life, admittedly not the top whack BB. Both renaged in the end.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Whether you think it makes sense or not isn’t the issue here. This has been confirmed by EE several times as being the case. My issue is why was I given this false promise in the first place and doesn’t EE have a duty to fulfil its promise. I had a much better deal sorted and had no plans to remain with EE but now I missed the deal due to thinking I’d get the Fibre and EE isn’t offering no other replacement option that is fair. 

Also, please don’t undermine my intellect. I’m not a 5 year old nor a 90 year old and I don’t have any disability. Any person other than those types listed above who still give bank details are imbeciles and lack basic knowledge of security which is no ones fault but their own. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jamilnuman

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear of your experience with your broadband.

Have you heard back from your complaint?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.