Highlighted
by Caitlind1990

First time home owner, no landline, help?

Hi,

I'm a first time home owner, moving in to a flat in a few days time. 
I'm new to all of this (I'm learning as I go). 

There is a phone line port in the flat but was previously tennated and empty afterwards so I don't think there's an active landline at the moment, therefore there is no number I can give to set it up (I've asked estate agents and they have no info on it).

I want to join EE broadband but I have no idea how I go about sorting this out as the moving home online form doesn't help because I cannot give a landline number and joining EE broadband page just gives an online start-up help page but again requires me to input a landline number.

I will be very grateful to any help you can give.
Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: First time home owner, no landline, help?

@Caitlind1990   The easiest way is to call customer services and request to join and they'll take care of everything.   Or you can just pop into your local EE store and sort it out there.  

And congratulations on getting your first home.   

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Caitlind1990   The easiest way is to call customer services and request to join and they'll take care of everything.   Or you can just pop into your local EE store and sort it out there.  

And congratulations on getting your first home.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need an existing landline no. to join EE BB.

Unless you already have BB with EE, the Home Move form is not applicable to you. It's for users who want to move their existing EE BB to a new place.

For a new BB application you should just apply on https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do by filling in "See what packages you can get" with just the new postcode. You will be offered a list of addresses to choose from at that postcode. Click "Check Availability". You will then be offered the EE BB packages that you can get there. Choose 1 of them, & complete your application.

However, if your new addy does not appear in the list at that postcode you will have to phone EE on 0800 079 5112 to make your application.

Don't apply for BB at a shop. You'll get no statutory cooling-off period there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.