by Gavlar-82 Investigator
Investigator

Fibremax2 hardware options???

Hi all, it’s my first post so be gentle please. I have the new GFast Fibremax 2 package and was just looking at the current hardware provided by EE/BT. As you all probably know you get the Huawei modem and then the EE router as separate units.

I was enquiring if it is possible to change this to a single modem/router? As usually the hardware sent out isn’t the best quality achievable. If it is possible can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I modem/routers you are using? Or let me know what I need to look out whilst buying a new modem/router?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Fibremax2 hardware options???

Hi @Gavlar-82 

You can use your own router. I would suggest you look for a WIFI 6 one, but these tend to be more expensive. Newer devices are including this technology (S10 already does) so it's something to consider. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The difficulty will be finding a combined unit incorporating a G.Fast modem. I don't think there are many about. 1 I found was ASUS DSL-AC88U .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

By that do you mean you have one @XRaySpeX

Have done some research on it and a few reviews I’ve read slate it? What’s your personal opinion? Any issue?

Investigator

I’m really looking for an all in one solution @Northerner? You have any solutions for an all in one? Or failing that a separate modem and separate router solution?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, I meant I found it on the Web. I was just giving you an example of the type of modem/router you are after. I don't have G.Fast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DaveLister Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I agree that the supplied free kit is not the best available, but as you get a full speed, reliable connection with this kit why pay for one? I have Max 1 so cant speak for Max 2. Perhaps you can get a bit more speed from an expensive modem with Max 2. but don't know anyone with that setup. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.