by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Fibre plus no faster than Fibre

Ah, well it does seem a lot for the extra £5 - but is in line with what people said earlier in the thread.

by JaniceHobbs Established Contributor
Established Contributor

From the BT tests... i am  now getting the very lowest for fibre plus is that right? and Below the lowest for upstream?

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High     Low      High   Low        

VDSL Range A (Clean)         63.6    48       15.6    10.1  

VDSL Range B (Impacted)   50.6   31.7      13.1    6 25    

by
EE Employee

Hi @JaniceHobbs

@XRaySpeX may be able to assist with this one when he comes online.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@JaniceHobbs- yes you are right, however your max attainable upstream rate suggests you may get a small increase over time, or if the engineer resets the DLM. Even so, both upstream and downstream are at the lowest estimates, there might not be a lot they can do.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Previously we've talked about the downstream & its 40 Meg cap. Whatever we said about that applies equally to the upstream & its 10 Meg cap. You were getting 8.5 Meg on ordinary Fibre. Remove the non-constraining 10 Meg cap & you will still get 8.5 Meg on Fibre Plus.

You could well be on an Impacted line; speeds fit well with that.

Forget Max Rates. You wouldn't want to be on them even if you could. You'd be falling all over the place,

The upshot is that you haven't been on Fibre Plus from last Weds till today & only by keeping on at EE have you now got it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Rather than chasing unattainable Max Rates, you should be aiming for the DLM, in its wisdom, putting you on a Down Noise Margin of 3 dB, which it can do on stable lines.  Only that will give you the fastest Down Sync possible on your line. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JaniceHobbs Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you @XRaySpeX@Mustrum@Paulosb@Lee_H, @Profile closed for all your help.

If you hadn't told me what was going on with the 40 cap I wouldn't have had the confidence to keep on at them.

Thanks for all your freely given time and knowledge...I am happy I have got an increase now.    Janice.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JaniceHobbs,

I'm glad you were able find the help you needed in the EE Community.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.