by JaniceHobbs Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Fibre plus no faster than Fibre

Once the BT man has been...I will cancel order and start again.

im a bit bothered though as it is sort of hanging...hope it cancels properly.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can see the tariffs available to you by logging into your Memer's Centre @ https://web.orange.co.uk/r/login/ & looking @ Change your broadband plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

CHANGE YOUR PLAN
YOUR CURRENT PLAN

Voice Line

FIBRE PLUS and Weekend Calls
£32.50

18 month contract

Well they think I'm on PLUS then!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@JaniceHobbs wrote:

CHANGE YOUR PLAN
YOUR CURRENT PLAN

Voice Line

FIBRE PLUS and Weekend Calls
£32.50

18 month contract

Well they think I'm on PLUS then!

I suspect that is the issue.  They have a sales system that says you are upgraded, but it is not linked to the provisioning system that confirms the tarrif cap has been removed.  So that is why EE keep telling you it is all done, but are oblivious that their systems are not connected.  Result impasse.

They will also be billing you from 2 weeks ago - because the computer sales system says so. Once you go through the next 2 weeks, you need to ask them for 6 months for free.

PS  I went through the same thing.. engineers booked for 2 week's time even though I didn't want an engineer.  (he didn't turn up anyway).  This is part of the story:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Speed-good-but-page-loading-times-out-or-stalls-f...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's just a "paper" system. Yes, they're billing you for it but they haven't actually changed the setting on your line.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

That was very interesting, Paul.      Sounds identical!    I'm glad yours was sorted out in time.    It is worth persisting.

Ive just noticed after resetting my router with a paperclip... .my ip address starts with 95.  did you think that was a problem or was that only appertaining to the other poster's slow internet problem?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It has nowt to do with your problem.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@JaniceHobbs wrote:

That was very interesting, Paul.      Sounds identical!    I'm glad yours was sorted out in time.    It is worth persisting.

Ive just noticed after resetting my router with a paperclip... .my ip address starts with 95.  did you think that was a problem or was that only appertaining to the other poster's slow internet problem?

The 95. issue won't effect you, and wasn't the reason for my botched upgrade - it was a parallel problem at that time.

The other relevant thread is https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Upgrading-to-Fibre-Plus-Plan-Summary-shows-quot-P...

There should be no need for you to reset routers or anything. The removal of a tariff cap should happen without you having to do anything.

Established Contributor

@Paulosb.        Paul, how did you go about reordering?      If I cancel the BT man (because like you I'm sure he will find nothing here - is that what you did?)  then do I ask to downgrade to standard Fibre, then order Plus again?        I can't really cancel this plus order because as far as they are concerned it's not an order any more but I HAVE Plus they think, so if they try to order Plus it will say I already have it. 

Not it quite sure of my next step?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I rang retentions. This was after the 2 weeks since order. I said I wanted to leave. They then looked at the order and saw it was for the wrong product and so they re-ordered the tariff cap

lift. IIRC they siad it may take two weeks. 2 days later Ihad fibre plus. 1 week later I rang again to cancel the engineer still scheduled to come out - "oh we have no record of any engineer coming to you sir".

EE are a bunch of nice people in a chaotic and systemically broken company. 

Established Contributor

I finally decided I would give them one last chance before I think about leaving.  

The online checker still says "SORRY, YOUR ORDER IS ALREADY IN THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM" so there is a glitch in the order process, even though their system shows it as done.

I will cancel the bt engineer.. not worth him coming... ask them to downgrade me back to standard fibre.. then when thats done... re order PLUS.

I get on the phone to retentions and the first message is that all the systems are down so there is no way any calls can be taken further ... ring again tomorrow.

Perhaps their systems are up the spout and thats what happened with my order!!

Established Contributor

I rung again.   passed to technical.   went away for ages and came back and said she has spoken to her managers and everyone agrees the cap is still on.

I am advised to leave the engineer coming on Tuesday and they have put notes on that the cap is still on.       She said he can do that at the exchange... but I was assuming it is an admin thing which EE do?

If it doesnt immediately go up I think I might ask to delete my entire account and then start from scratch with Fibre Plus straight away... if that can be done. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, that's something at least until they change their minds & say the cap is off, as they've done before.

EE don't change the cap themselves but request BT OR do it. I don't think they even need go to the exchange to do it but from their offices by just ticking or unticking a setting box for your specific line.

Established Contributor

Yes.      I was told a few days back that I won't have to pay the £186 for the engineer...so hope that's still the case.       At least the engineer may be able to say to OR to get the cap done so we are one step further forward in who can do what.      

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I would forget about engineer. It is an irrelevance and nothing to do with the cap, nor the admin error. You will never be liable as this is an EE cockup so they have to pay OR. Engineers are only chargeable if you call them out AND you have a home network issue. 

The cap takes 20 seconds to lift from a PC, and 2 days of back office mess about at the sales department. 

Established Contributor

Right folks.   Just got in from work.  tested router speeds joined to imac with 2 foot ethernet cable.

The first figures are from when i had standsard fibre.... then today.    The download speed has gone from the capped 39998 which it has said for a year... to 48999  but the upload speed is identical to before at 8496.

Does it look like it has been done?

last month.....

Broadband speed EE fibre standard  8/5/17

Line Status:

DSL Modulation Type:

Annex Type:

Current Rate(kbps)

Upstream   8496

Downstream 39998

Max Rate(kbps)

Upstream 10743

downstream 47351

SNR Margin(dB)

Line Attenuation(dB)

Errors(pkts)

NOW>>>>

Line Status:
DSL Modulation Type:
Annex Type:

Upstream 8496  

Downstream  Current Rate(kbps)  48999

Max Rate(kbps)

upstream 10057

downstream 49961

SNR Margin(dB) 6.6 6.2

Line Attenuation(dB) 26.3 19.4

Errors(pkts) 0 0

the odd thing is the max rate WAS 47351   and it is now 49961  that doesnt look right does it?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It does indeed look like its been done - at last!

Established Contributor

Can i ask a couple of things please... why is the upload speed exactly the same as it was?  And why is the max download speed almost the same as it was?

The engineer is coming tomorrow... should I leave him to come and check anyway as Im not paying?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You upload speed is at the most your line can deliver, so as long as nothing else changes you have the best it can do.

I suspect its too late not to cancel the engineer, however if you don't have one of the later Openreach Mk3 or 4 Master sockets, he will hopefully fit one of those, which may help eliminate any internal wiring issues, and so you may get a bit more speed.

Established Contributor

I do have a MK3. 

Ookla speed tests on mac were always 37mbps... now they are 45mbps.       8mbps increase.. thats not a lot is it?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.