by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Fibre plus no faster than Fibre

@Mustrum wrote:

The estimated speeds are dependant on ... and the state of your internal wiring..

BT can have no idea of state of internal wiring & so the estimates assume it is reasonable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. No eng. need come anywhere. A regrade from Fibre to Fibre Plus involves no physical change at all. All it is is removing a soft artificial cap of 40 Meg on the line. The 2 weeks is just a provision for arranging for BT to flick the soft switch, a tick box on their screen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JaniceHobbs Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well guys.....are we going to take a bet whether EE called me back before 2pm?

Not on your Nellie!!      

So next time I ring I will get yet another person where I have to start from scratch again.

The last guy also said that is a different type of line needed for PLUS when I told him it was just a virtual cap that needed removing.  I told him it wasn't. 

A while back I needed EE customer service and three separate people couldn't sort the problem and each left me holding then hung up!       Eventually I went mad and was given a discount.  

Looks like Iike I will have to do the same.....but TBH I would rather just get it sorted.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In my experience EE never ring back.  Even if they promise the excuse is later given that they are not allowed to make outgoing calls.  

I would ring again and ask for the order to be placed again from scratch. (Try the sales/upgrade depatment first - forget customer services)   You have waited their two weeks, it is clearly failed, and needs to be started again. escalate to line manager if possible (difficult, as they don't know much either).

The excuses of "new line" or "different type" are foolish and show you are wasting your time.  EE seem to be bandying around phrases that are meaningless without knowing what they mean... or don't.

Established Contributor

i agree that starting again sounds like the idea...but I feel that whoever I am talking to will be so glad to get rid of me they will agree... knowing that at least I wont ring for the next 2 weeks.

It was the "technical support" team I was apparently speaking too.... who didnt know anything!

I will give it another go now... and after failing I will have to do as you suggest I guess.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You are not the only one. A similar thread on here has same issue.

Forget tech support... they can only confirm it isn'y in place.  Sales / upgrades did it for me.. but only on the 4th call after 10 days.   If they do get it restatrted it could be done by monday... there is no reason whatsoever for 14 days.

Established Contributor

thanks Paul... i found a number for complaints escalations but it was apparently wrong  number.   I dont remember sales/upgrades as being one of the options when I dialed 150 from my mobile.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If you want to upgrade from fibre to fibre plus - who did you call?  (and don't say Ghostbusters as they know less than EE)

Established Contributor

I just dialled 150 then chose Broadband and that was it really. anyone is happy to take your money.. .but no one wants to deal with problems.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

try 0800 079 0571

that is on their website.

Staff/mods?  can you guide us where to go to speak to Sales/upgrades? (after all, it was them that set this debacle in motion)

Established Contributor

Been transferred to technical team again.   This guy seems a bit more with it... and certainly agrees that it hasnt been changed as the figures for the last 6 months are identical to todays.

He said he heard of another issue the same today so has gone off to see if it was resolved... i made him promise he would come back!!! (i hope i didnt sound needy!!) LOL

HaHa    ..the other issue was ME!!   🙂

Thats what you call going round in circles!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, the figures should speak for themselves.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@JaniceHobbs wrote:

HaHa    ..the other issue was ME!!   🙂

or the other guy on the other identical thread.

Maybe EE have a new person in sales who doesn't know how to set up an order for taroff change.  They'll need to go on the "20 minutes of training spread over three days" course.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Yes, the figures should speak for themselves.

Indeed, what is most worrying is that repeatedly EE have systems that state "everything is fine, la de da de la" yet they are evidently wrong and the solution is only by waiting for 2 weeks for the revelation: "oh, it didn't go through".

...and interspersed by Staff on here posting things like "it is all going through" and don't worry about the word "cease", and then  "please click like if I have helped."

Established Contributor

Yes I agree....  and after waiting all that time it makes you seethe to have to keep waiting.

If it was a next day thing and it went a bit wrong it would be  no problem waiting another couple of days.

I must say I do feel a bit for each respective person I get through to, as I am getting more and more angry with each one!!      I told this one that the last one had said it needed a different line for Plus than standard fibre etc and he agreed that was rubbish.

I said I think when they get stumped they try to baffle me with science as Im a woman and probably have no idea what im talking about!! 🙂

But I have a great backup team on the EE Community Site!! 😉

Established Contributor

I told him how when I do the EE broadband availability checker.. i can put all my neighbours adddresses in...but my own comes up with this message in red...

"Sorry, Your order is already in the registration system."

He was surprised by that.   I suggested that if all was working I would be able to see what tariffs were available but the "registration system" sounds like it is hanging and hasnt been done.

He has spoken to supervisor and they havent seen that before so are getting a BT technician to check it out at their end. (not physically coming to the house).

I said I cant afford to pay for a new line and he said they would cover anything that needs to be done.     

If I start a new order  will ahve to wait 14 days as its an OFFCOM regulation...so Im leaving that avenue for the moment.

Im now waiting for BT to do their tests from their end to see if they can find a glitch.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I went through all this too. 14 days will change nothing. It is balloney. The ofcom bit is they can't promise it will be quicker than 14days but it always is.  All this chat about new kines etc suggests you have the wring upgrade initiated. It isnt upgrade you want, it is removal of 40meg cap. This is simple basic stuff. You won't get this resolved unless someone owns problem. 

Established Contributor

I know.    I have blatently said about the 40 cap that needs removing.   Do they know about it?  Who is it that is supposed to remove it?          I have never had an answer from four different people.

Perhaps we aren't supposed to know about it!!   Lol

Established Contributor

Right...

Provisioning team can't find anything, so BT enhineer has been booked for Tuesday to come out and check things. (£186 but we don't have to pay). 

The EE guy said he still thinks it's an EE problem not BT which I agree as my line was fine for standard Fibre... however, we shall see.

You can now all have a well deserved rest.....until Tuesday afternoon!!!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This is not a provisioning issue.  The engineer will laugh when he comes out, and spend 30 seconds at the cab and then go home.    It is the equivalent of sitting in airplane in economy and being offered an upgrade to 1st class - but it'll just be a few moments as they have to get a new plane to taxi alongside for you to move into it and currently the pilot is on his tea break.   

This is an EE problem and nothing to do with BT.   Someone in Sales or Upgrades has pressed the wrong button and unless Sales cancel it and start again (but with someone who knows what they are doing) you will get nowehere, but a week later.

EE have systems that are badly designed and don't work properly, and run in too big an organisation with people unable to do anything beyond their own department - the result is chaos. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.