by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Fibre plus no faster than Fibre

@JaniceHobbsit would appear they are fobbing you off! 

You may need to have an interesting discussion when they start billing you!

by JaniceHobbs Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Don't worry....I'm on the case!! LOL         Smiley Happy

I'm quite sure it's not the stabilisation period because if that was so, I would sometimes see it higher....but it never changes.        I will report back here in a few days if I get any joy!

by
EE Employee

Established Contributor

Decided to try the test socket under BT faceplate.   Put a micro filter in then the router cable.  Couldn't connect to internet.    Eventually changed micro filter....still couldn't connect to internet.    Put it all back how it was and connected to internet again....still at 39998 though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to also remove a further, Interstitial, faceplate. The BB is still filtered out by that. Please follow How to access test socket on Openreach master socket . There are the latest BT sockets that incorporate the filter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Thank you!    

These are the stats with the TP Link router.

Line Status:
DSL Modulation Type:
Annex Type:

Upstream   Downstream      Current Rate(kbps)

8496              39998                      

Upstream   Downstream   Max Rate(kbps)

11476              57999

SNR Margin(dB) 7.9 12

Line Attenuation(dB) 25.3 19.1

Errors(pkts) 0 0

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Still not been upgraded, this is not good. Also just to add to an earlier point, there is no 10 day training period with VDSL - it should settle down quite quickly.

Established Contributor

Would I be right if I said to the EE man that if my line was getting a continuous 37 of a max 39 when on standard speed Fibre.. then it must be working ok...and if it's working ok it should be bringing in the higher rates of Fibre Plus if they were arriving at the house... which means they are not?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no 10 day stabilisation period at all for any BB. All there is a 10-day period while BT calculate a min speed for potential handback investigation situations.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I would just concentrate on the sync rate, the 39,990 ish bit, if you were on the upgraded package it wouldbe higher - hence the upgrade has not yet happened.

Speed tests are alway a bit subjective, but the sync rate shows the package you are on.

If you want to get a little more technical, you could do a BTW test, which will show the profile you are on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JaniceHobbs wrote:

Would I be right if I said to the EE man that if my line was getting a continuous 37 of a max 39 when on standard speed Fibre.. then it must be working ok

No, forget your speedtest speeds. All that matters is the sync speed & yours is still being capped at 40 Meg, which should have been removed with Fibre Plus.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum: To find the IP Profile is 96.7% of Sync.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX  Yes I know, just trying to help @JaniceHobbs demonstrate to the EE support team that she has not yet been upgraded, that said I should also add the she will also need to progress to the additional tests bit - hope this makes sense!

My test as an example shows I am on a 40 10 profile, but am testing via wifi hence not great results, but its the max acheivable speeds that will show the profile.

_completed.doTest Result

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed   21.62 Mbps     0 Mbps 38.69 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 21.62 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-38.69 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.69 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed   3.61 Mbps     0 Mbps 10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.61Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustrum: & point I'm making is that the IPP doesn't matter a jot. It will always be a fixed proportion of sync speed under normal circumstances. All that matters is that OP's sync speed is 40 Meg when it should be higher on Fibre Plus. It is still being capped! Therefore not Fibre Plus!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX  I could not agree more. Just trying to help the OP.

Established Contributor

Right, before I get onto EE with all guns blazing I just want to clarify a couple of things and get my facts straight so I dont look a complete plonker!!

1.  Does changing from Fibre to Fibre Plus involve an engineer coming the the local cabinet box like it does from ADSL to Fibre?    If not, why does it take 2 weeks from the contract date till it gets done?

2.  What does taking the cap off involve.  If it is just an admin thing... why did three different people not notice it hadnt been done and get it done?

Thanks for your help on this guys... youre great!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE customer service are unreliable and will tell you "yes you will have been upgraded" without checking properly.  I had three weeks of arguing that I had not been upgraded from Fibre to Fibre plus.   I could show them the evidence but they just looked at the order had been placed with Openreach and made repeated erroneous conclusions that it had been ordered therefore it must be upgraded.  The "wait 10 days" was their default answer.

Eventually I forced them to place the order again and they then admitted they were wrong.

So I am suggesting the upgrade has not gone through.

@XRaySpeX  VDSL / Fibre Plus does need the 10 day DLM period... as do all resets of fibre via copper FTTC services don't they?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@JaniceHobbs wrote:

Right, before I get onto EE with all guns blazing I just want to clarify a couple of things and get my facts straight so I dont look a complete plonker!!

1.  Does changing from Fibre to Fibre Plus involve an engineer coming the the local cabinet box like it does from ADSL to Fibre?    If not, why does it take 2 weeks from the contract date till it gets done?

2.  What does taking the cap off involve.  If it is just an admin thing... why did three different people not notice it hadnt been done and get it done?

Thanks for your help on this guys... youre great!

1 - it is an admin thing that takes 2 minutes.  The 2 weeks is EE's way of saying they don't know when Openreach will actually do the switch and they won't have any idea if it is actually done so for safety EE assume (blindly) that it will get done in this maximum contractual time.   There is no error checking- EE blindly assume it will get done and can't confirm when it was done, nor do they have the technical wherewithall to confirm it.   EE are just a reseller of Openreach services.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

VDSL Range A (Clean) 63.6 48 15.6 10.1 40.3 Available -- -- -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 50.6 31.7 13.1 6 25 Available -- -- -- --

I would not expect too much extra speed once you get the tariff lifted.   Depending on where you are, and the quality of copper bewtween you and the cabinet, will dictate where in the VDSL estimates you will come... so I normally estimate at the bottom end of Range A (Clean) - so around the 50 mark.      In practical terms that will be inperceptible difference from what you were getting - and you will see a much better performance lift by buying a state of the art router for optimal wifi performance as wif will be the source of greatest loss.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JaniceHobbs,

Don't hesitate to get in touch with customer services so we can escalate this issue for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.