by Chrisclements30
Visitor

Fibre Broadband not working, BT Fault?

Hi,

My activation day for my EE Fibre BB was yesterday. I plugged my router in as instructed and am getting the Aqua flashing lights. 

I called EE this morning, they have tested my phone line which is fine but when they did the BB test, they said it needs referring to BT for a fix their end which can take up to four days. Can anyone tell me what this is and is four days realistic? EE were very good on the phone and have since text and emailed they are trying to rectify my fault. I just wonder why this wasnt picked up prior to my activation and I dont understand what needs to be fixed. EE said it doesn't require an engineer.

Thanks in advance

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
by paddy8214 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Fibre Broadband not working, BT Fault?

Hi, they wouldn’t of said BT fault because BT has nothing to do with the network. It is Openreach that deal with the telecoms network. I think the 4 days quoted are due to EE having to raise a fault to get an Openreach engineer to diagnose and fix the fault. It may be done quicker but the 4 days quoted would be a latest timescale.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chrisclements30.

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry hear you're  connected with your Home Broadband yet. The timescale which would of been provided will be the maximum time it will take as @paddy8214 has advised. 

It's great that the team are keeping you updated via email, if you require a more in depth explanation I would recommend getting in touch with our customer service team who will be able to look at your account. 

Fingers crossed it's not much longer. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.