by pantsman28 Investigator
Investigator

Fibre Broadband incorrect profile setting

My line is capable of at least 55mb+, was getting 61mb+ with BT. When taking the fibre offer it guaranteed a minimum  of 50MB+ but the line profile is showing 48mb max. Not happy with the new service so far.....

How do you get EE to reset the profile? and anyway to contact them online rather than waiting on the telephone for ages.

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 10.17.07.png

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Fibre Broadband incorrect profile setting

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Those BTw results are flawed, showing a current impossible download speed of 345 Meg! Anyway EE isn't quoting your IP Profile but your sync speed. IP Profile usually follows sync speed at 96.8%.

Which Fibre are you on?

Let's see what you are actually getting & should be getting.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: Low IP Profile?

I am having a similar issue. My IP is below the minimum guaranteed speed and at least 25mbs slower than what I had with BT. Profile setting needs to be reset, but its not controlled by EE apparently. 

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with solving the issue???

Investigator

Hi,

I am on the max fibre for the area and line. Before EE i was getting around 64mb as standard. Having checked the BTwholesale, and the links you provided, it confirms this. Currently, getting full speed for the IP Profile atScreenshot 2019-02-07 at 09.12.48.pngScreenshot 2019-02-07 at 09.17.21.png 46mb Profile. Funny how the EE router is still showing 50mb.

I am on St Johns - WMSTJ exchange

This is my line test today which is the best I have seen it all week, although streaming and general browsing seem very slugish since I spoke to technical support this time last week.

by sandypike Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah my g.fast has been a disaster from the start. Openreach technician had no clue about installation, once it was finally installed speed is lower than expected and regularly it just doesn't work at all and I have to switch to 4G. Definitely canceling when my contract is up.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @pantsman28.

When you spoke with our broadband technical team what was advised?

Did they provide you with some next steps?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pantsman28.

I have responded in your other thread

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pantsman28: As I told you earlier EE isn't quoting your IP Profile but your sync speed which you haven't shown.

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What are all the speed estimates quoted by EE in your MyEE for BB under Your broadband speed ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I did speak to EE today and confirmed the speed is dropping. A Bt engineer is now booked to investigate on Monday. I will let you know how it turns up. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Please do.

BTW: You were getting 74 Meg sync speed on 14 Jan. It musta gone down since then.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.