by AcidicUK
Explorer

Fibre Broadband Internet very slow

Hi

This past week my internet has gone from speeds of 12-15mb to 1-3mb

I have no idea why, nothing has changed as far as I am aware and the router hasnt been moved.

When I try to download anything, it's even worse, sometimes downloading at 0.3mb a second and never over 1mb

I am not really sure how to go about asking for help for this on here, what settings would I need to provide? 

I am using  Bright Box 2 Wireless Router and on EE Fibre Broadband.

Here's my speed test.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1533161185317414155

DSL STATUS This page shows information about your DSL connection. If you are using Ethernet Broadband then this page is not applicable.
STATUS  Configured CurrentLine StatusLink TypeOperation Mode
--UP
--Fast Path
AutomaticG.993.2 (VDSL2)
DATA RATE INFORMATIONUpstreamDownstream
10000 (Kbps)
4200 (Kbps)
DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATIONOperation Data Upstream DownstreamNoise MarginLine Attenuation
4.7 (dB)19.3 (dB)
0.0 (dB)20.5 (dB)

Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End IndicatorOutput PowerFast Path FEC CorrectionInterleaved Path FEC CorrectionFast Path CRC ErrorInterleaved Path CRC ErrorLoss Of Signal DefectFast Path HEC Error STRInterleaved Path HEC ErrorError Seconds
6.4 (dBm)6.5 (dBm)
----
----
----
STATISTICSReceived DataTransmitted Data
14096109 (Kbits)
1030510 (Kbits)

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Fibre Broadband Internet very slow

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Reboot the router & try plugging it into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws or press tabs) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets in the home even if unused? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate of master socket?

Post the full router stats & System Uptime when plugged into test socket.

Is the issue any better?

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AcidicUK

Welcome to the community.

I see @XRaySpeX has asked you to try a few steps and get back to us.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Chris

by AcidicUK
Explorer

Hi thanks for the response.

BT Broadband Availability Checker gives me the following:

Telephone Number  on Exchange  is served by Cabinet 38
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 62.5 43.8 15.3 10 39.7 Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 49.1 30 13.3 6.9 22.4 Available -- --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 12.5 -- 9 to 16.5 Available -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 12.5 Up to 1 9 to 16.5 Available -- --
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap N
VRI N
NTEFaceplate N
Last Test Date 23-07-2018

I have rung EE and they have found a fault on the external line so BT will come and look into it in the next 2-4 days, so I think I may just wait to see if anything is fixed by that before doing the rest of the stuff you recommended.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your Down speed is well below the acceptable range. Probably the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to the discovered fault on your line. If a fault is found and fixed then the OR engineer may request a DLM reset. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.

Please come back after BT has sorted out the fault & let us see router stats after it has been fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.