by Keltic_gamer Investigator
Investigator

Fiber 2 - 1 week no fix

So I ordered fiber 3 weeks ago, and engineercame round last week to upgrade the socket and test the line. After issues in the exchange, issues at the on street box we finally got a line coming in. After all the changes of cables etc we (myself & the engineer) were still not getting a connection, the engineer suggested to ring EE saying the EE router was DOE, I accepted it happens. Long story short, got the new router and plugged it in (after restarting the Openreach modem) still no joy - please note I have received texts & emails saying my service live - Rang EE again and explained the issue, another engineer was appointed to me, the chap came yesterday, ran all the same tests, saw the same results as the previous engineer (also a very very nice guy). The chap figured it must be an issue in street box 2 (where I’m connected), he explained to me that street box 1 has the same issue and it’s been known for awhile. Rang EE to try and get this chased and have been told it will take a further 5 working days till it can be looked at (following what the EE rep said to me, it’s not an easy fix and could take longer, with no definite fix date)

i understand and this is new tech, I understand that **** happens but ***? I have no internet for a week and it’s soon to be two weeks!!! How can this not be an issue that has such a long lead time? I work from home...I require a steady connection (no hotspotting is not an option - vpn’s don’t like it) when I spoke to the sales persons they said it wouldn’t take longer than a week!

this is completely unacceptable, How the fudge do you people do business at all?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Team

Re: Fiber 2 - 1 week no fix

Hi @Keltic_gamer,

I'm sorry you have had this experience moving to EE.

I'm glad to hear that our tech support team have been able to give you a resolve and a timescale for this issue to be fixed now.

Please come back to the community and let us know how you get on once you are up and running with your service.

Alex

by Keltic_gamer Investigator
Investigator

They haven’t given me an eta, they have merely said that in 5 days it will be looked at by BT, but the issue already exists in another street box and hasn’t be fixed since it was first mentioned more than a month ago

by
EE Community Team

Ah, OK, thanks for confirming that, @Keltic_gamer.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Why are you using an OR modem? Have you ordered Fibre Max 1 or 2?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions