by mikegunnill Contributor
Contributor

Error Text Messages received!

Help Please!

I am constantly getting text messages from EE telling me about faults on HOME broadband. I am NOT with EE for broadband.  I get three/four messages each day.

I would like them stopped. I am unable to get through on 150 due their auto-select system. Is there anyone from EE Broadband on here please???????

Mike

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Error Text Messages received!

What is the full email addy they are from? Do they invite you to click on a link?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Thx for your reply.

No it’s a text message, not email. No link or way to reply.

Mike
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry. What no. is it from?

Please would you post the contents of these texts? Never heard of EE sending such texts for EE BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @mikegunnill and welcome to the community.

This is indeed very strange, the only explanation I could think of is that the number has been popped into the update system incorrectly.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

I agree but getting it removed is proving a problem. No one seems to be aware where the messages are coming from, which is very strange.

Contributor

"The problem at Home has now been fixed. If you've tried restarting your device and are still experiencing problems, please call us back on 150."

This was the latest one. They appear to be status reports, updated at different times.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mikegunnill,

Do you have an EE mobile?

Have you ever registered your details with our network status checker?

Thanks

James

Contributor

Yes I have an EE Mobile, from the Orange days.  But I haven't regsitered for any status checker.  

I have checked with EE Mobile and they can find no link between my number and receiving these Home updates.

Thx.

Mike

by

Hi @mikegunnill,

Have you reported a network problem with our technical team in the past?

If so, they may have registered you for updates about faults in your area.

Thanks

James

Contributor

No I haven't registered to receive any status updates. Or to receive details of network problems. The text's I receive are broadband related.

Thx

by

Hi @mikegunnill,

What other texts have you received?

The message you quoted earlier is one we send to mobile customers about network issues affecting their home address.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Like the one I sent before. Variations on status of a problem, sometimes telling me to reboot my router and after loosing broadband service, saying sorry for the loss of broadband service.

Mike

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What no. are these texts from?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.