by Bigtaff Investigator
Investigator

Ee changed my landline number

3 months ago i did a fiber upgrade and

its been an absolute nightmare.

Ive been told the upgade went through as a new line so my number was changed and i told the person who sold me the package I can’t change my number due to work reasons.

3 months this has been going on nobody calls back when they say they will

Im still paying my bt line rental aswell

as this one

I want this sorted today its disgusting customer care

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ee changed my landline number

@Bigtaff  As this is a public forum we can not help you need to call customer services 

by Bigtaff Investigator
Investigator

Don’t you think ive called customer services about 15 times.. nobody wants to resolve it and nobody ever calls back

by Grand Master
Grand Master

A fibre upgrade with whom?

If you upgraded from ADSL to Fibre with EE it should have just gone through on the same existing EE landline. So where does BT come into it?

Or did you have a legacy ADSL BB Only with EE on a BT landline?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Bigtaff Investigator
Investigator

My existing landline was with bt 

and my broadband was adsl with ee

I done a upgrade to fiber where i was told ee would take over the line but they have put a new line in with a new number so im paying for bt and ee..

everyone i speak to at customer services seems to pass the buck 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE have a habit of doing that. They either are too lazy, greedy or in a hurry to wait for BT to give you 2 weeks to object to your existing landline being taken over, so they just install a brand new landline.

You need to keep chasing EE to sort this out.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.