by Jefff66 Investigator
Investigator

Early temination fee incorrectly charged. How to resolve?

Last month I received a letter about a price increase, saying I could leave without an early termination fee, if I did so by 17th March.

So I found a better deal and signed up with another provider.

Then I received a letter telling me I'd have to pay an early termination fee.

Two weeks ago I phoned EE to try to get this sorted. I was told that according to the information on my account, I had to cancel by 17th February to have no charge. I didn't receive the letter until 16th February, and it clearly says 17th March on it. So while I was on the phone I emailed a copy of the letter to EE, and it was agreed that I wouldn't have to pay a temination charge, and my account would be amended to say this. 

Last week I received my final bill, and it includes an early termination charge.

So on 15/3 I emailed EE again (the same person I'd spoken to, and emailed the letter to), asking them to sort it out.

I haven't received a reply to that email, but a few days after I sent it I received another bill - for exactly the same amount as the previous one.

So how exactly do I get them to remove this erroneous charge?

Phoning them hasn't helped. Emailing them hasn't helped. Online chat won't deal with broadband.

I don't really have the time to phone them and go through the whole thing again, only for them to tell me one thing and do another.

Is there an email address I can use that will go to someone who can get something done?

Or is my best solution just to cancel my direct debit? 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Early temination fee incorrectly charged. How to resolve?

There is a so-called "email" form that you can use for BB: https://explore.ee.co.uk/broadband/email-us . Also see below in my sig.

I wouldn't cancel the DD from your end or you may find the debt collectors after you & you've marred your credit record. You need to sort this out with EE by agreement.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Jefff66 and welcome to the community.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Jefff66 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeXwrote:

There is a so-called "email" form that you can use for BB: https://explore.ee.co.uk/broadband/email-us .

That doesn't work, it automatically redirects to http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security which doesn't have a contact form.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, they've seemed to have got rid of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jefff66 Investigator
Investigator

Lee_H  arranged for customer services to contact me, and they say they've now removed the termination fee from my account.  I've heard that before though, so I'll wait to see what happens...
by
EE Employee

Hi @Jefff66

I have spoken to the girl who called and she has informed me this has definitely now been resolved 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.