by MykeH Investigator
Investigator

EE vs Sky

So EE rep tells me I'll get a better broadband than what I have with Sky, well with Sky i was constantly within 2-3 mbs download with EE sometimes I don't even get the minium promised (1.8) surely this is miss selling a service, I'm seriously not happy and to top it my sons University has closed and he has to do online study which he has found impossible at times as nothing will load. as for wifi thats a dead loss even with the boosters, was perfect with sky.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE vs Sky

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information. Obscure your names & numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MykeH Investigator
Investigator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1585078265478724555

samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LCMAR

DSL STATUS This page shows information about your DSL connection. If you are using Fibre/Ethernet Broadband then this page is not applicable.
STATUS  Configured CurrentLine StatusLink TypeOperation Mode
--UP
--Fast Path
AutomaticG.992.3 (ADSL2)
DATA RATE INFORMATIONUpstreamDownstream
579 (Kbps)
3095 (Kbps)
DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATIONOperation Data Upstream DownstreamNoise MarginLine Attenuation
8.1 (dB)3.0 (dB)
32.6 (dB)55.0 (dB)

Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End IndicatorOutput PowerFast Path FEC CorrectionInterleaved Path FEC CorrectionFast Path CRC ErrorInterleaved Path CRC ErrorLoss Of Signal DefectFast Path HEC Error STRInterleaved Path HEC ErrorError Seconds
12.8 (dBm)0.0 (dBm)
----
----
----
STATISTICSReceived DataTransmitted Data
6698887 (Kbits)
8934281 (Kbits)

System Uptime is: 189:20:36

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are currently getting 3.1 Meg down sync. You do have a long line. You should get the same from EE as you did from Sky. You might get a bit faster by switching DSL Mode to G.DMT. Post your router stats again when you do so.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MykeH Investigator
Investigator

Tried switching and it just killed everything, had to reverse back, on Sunday I ran aload of speed checks using testmy.net and it didn't hit 1 Mbs

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you run speedtests you should keep an eye on the sync speeds. After all, that's what EE is selling you.

by MykeH Investigator
Investigator

I'm going to have to ring them as their wifi and boosters are not covering half the house, can only get wifi in the room with Modem without boosters and with them it only extends one room further not good enough,.

Thank you for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

by MykeH Investigator
Investigator

Here I am tonight and struggling to even connect to this page, EE  broadband has been a pain since I joined same with the wifi that is very poor even with the boosters, I had no problems with Sky only left because of the price, BIG mistake.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @MykeH

I am very sorry to hear this.

If you give our Broadband Tech team a call, they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on after speaking to them.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions