by sargana Investigator
Investigator

EE the worst ever Broadband provider

I will give EE 0 out of 10 points. I have the following issues with the Broadband supplier.

1. Broadband price was increased by £2 pm mid contract. The email they sent to inform was misleading on the top so I did not read it through. 

2. They refused to cancel the contract once I noticed that increase in the bill. 

3. The speed is very slow, 2.5 Mbps is normal speed I get which reduces to 1.5 during the peek hours. I was getting about 5 Mbps from Sky on the same line.

4. I will pay an extra £16 over the period of 8 months but I will try to move at least 16 customer from EE by giving right feedback on social media and convincing my colleagues to change to better suppliers.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE the worst ever Broadband provider

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by sargana Investigator
Investigator

0F18D066-C3D7-4DE5-A15C-40C319C2BEA9.png

What a shame, they are charging fibre optic’s price selling at 17 Mbps and providing just 3.6 Mbps. How can I set to 17 Mbps?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by sargana Investigator
Investigator

895FCB29-8CA4-4276-87BC-3CF1ABF8E7D6.jpeg

I am not very convinced that this line only support up to 3.5 Mbps

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, not that router page.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

by sargana Investigator
Investigator

27210FF0-E024-4CEA-9428-8940277AD808.png

by sargana Investigator
Investigator

Exchange is Leamington Spa with code CMLGS

by
EE Employee

Hi @sargana and welcome to the community.

Once your images are passed by the mods, I'm sure @XRaySpeX will be able to help diagnose your issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE is Delivering Correct Speeds for BB Product Bought

You do have a v. long line to the exchange. You are getting at the top of the speeds your line is capable of (3.6 Meg) for the ADSL BB product you bought & are paying for.

The only way you will get much faster speeds is by switching to Fibre BB (aka FTTC or VDSL) where you should get at least 50 Meg. With Fibre it is only the distance to your cab that matters. Any reason why you used the Address Checker & not the Phone No. Checker on the BT Availability site?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.