by
EE Community Support Team

EE pay monthly customers - upgrade now and get up to 20GB Data Boost every month

Free data? How do I get it?

If you have an EE pay monthly mobile plan or a 12-month SIM plan, you’ll qualify for a 5GB data boost when you sign up for EE broadband (standard or fibre) or 4GEE Home broadband – worth £12.99 per month.

Take out or upgrade to a Fibre Max Broadband 1 or 2 plan and combine it with a pay monthly phone plan to get a boost to your monthly mobile data allowance by a whopping 20GB instead, worth £39.98  every month

Is the fixed broadband really unlimited, no exceptions?

Yes, this broadband is truly unlimited with no restrictions on how much you can download and upload.

How do I find out more?

Visit our broadband benefits pages for everything you need to know or tap "reply" below and ask your questions.

This broadband is different. It deserves pride of place.

14 REPLIES 14
by wileybusiness Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: EE pay monthly customers - upgrade now and get up to 20GB Data Boost every m

Amazing offer! 

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Re: EE pay monthly customers - upgrade now and get up to 20GB Data Boost every m

I currently have a EE Pay monthly contract and have recently upgraded to Fibre Max 1, but I have been told that I have to be on a Pay Monthly Max plan to get the 20GB data boost. Can you please confirm that I should be getting a 20GB boost rather than 5GB?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Pindi Do you meet this criteria?

Data allowance boosted by 20GB if you have both a Pay Monthly phone plan and Fibre Max Broadband

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Hi @chistery.

Yes I do meet the criteria as I'm now on Fibre Max 1 broadband, but EE have told me that I have to be on a max pay monthly plan for the 20GB boost, rather than a standard pay monthly plan. It doesn't state that in the T&Cs anywhere.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Pindi, just to clarify, you have a plan that came with a phone, not sim only?

If that's the case, the advise is always HUACA - Hang up and call again.

Quote "The Legal Bit" from that page, get them to look it up whilst you are on the phone and get them to read it back to you. If you dont' get anywhere, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Yes @chistery, my plan came with a phone.

The issue has been raised, so I'm waiting for a call back in the next few days. They will listen to the call with the agent where they confirmed I will get a 20GB data boost when I placed the fibre max order.

I thought I'd just raise the issue on here to at least make people aware. I've also taken screenshots and downloaded the relevant pages just in case they make any changes.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Good luck then @Pindi and let us know what happens. Hard to know why EE have to investigate. The page says you qualify, so hopefully it won't take long to be resolved.

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @chistery

Yes, it is pretty clear to be honest.

by

Hi @Pindi,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, you should qualify for the 20GB Data Boost.

Please let me know if you have any further issues after you have received your call back.

Thanks

James

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just been called back and they have advised that I don't qualify for the 20GB data boost. Can you look into this please?

by

Hi @Pindi,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @James_B. I've replied.

by Pindi Investigator
Investigator

All sorted. 20GB has now been added to my mobile contract.

Thanks for your help @James_B.

by

Great news @Pindi Smiley Happy

Thanks for keeping us updated.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.