by fizashah Investigator
Investigator

EE home broadband offer through Quidco stated £150 cashback but only £50 tracked

I went through Quidco as the cashback was shown as £150. After I placed the order it only tracked at £50. I raised a query about this with Quidco but they say that they cannot follow up on cashback queries with EE home broadband. Does anyone know if I can contact EE directly about this? It should have tracked at £150.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE home broadband offer through Quidco stated £150 cashback but only £50 tra

Hi, 

You will need to contact EE CS but if you want to cancel you need to do this sooner rather than later. 

Cash back isn't guaranteed with quidco as per Quidco T&C

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE home broadband offer through Quidco stated £150 cashback but only £50 tra

Hi @fizashah,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Any cashback queries would need to be raised with Quidco.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by fizashah Investigator
Investigator

I already did raise it with Quidco but they said they cannot deal with EE home broadband cashback queries

by

Hi @fizashah,

That's strange, I can't see that in their terms and conditions.

I'd try getting in touch with them again.

Thanks

James

by fizashah Investigator
Investigator

So after 6 months my Quidco cashback gets declined by EE. Quidco say it is an EE decision and they can't help further. Why do EE promise cashback and then not give it? This is just a con to get people to sign up to EE broadband. Waiting for my contract to expire and then never using EE again.

by

Hi @fizashah

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way but all queries of this nature as @James_B advised back in August must be directed to Quidco.

I hope you don't make the decision to leave us and that you get resolution to your query with Quidco.

Richard

by fizashah Investigator
Investigator

I did raise with Quidco and they said they referred it to EE . After 4 months Quidco came back to me and said EE have declined the claim. They also said the retailers decision is final and Quidco cannot help any further. So how is this not EEs fault?

I have read so many complaints on the net where EE renege on the cashback offered.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fizashah  The offer was taken through quidco what they offer might have been taken out through a 3rd party like the carphone warehouse and not directly with EE so they are probably offering the cashback and not EE,    If quidco are offering cash back and the cash back is declined via the retailer then why are quidco offering cash back on a product that the retailer has the final decision on ?  

it’s also worth reading the quidco T&Cs as they will  probably have a clause that states that the retailer decision is final if cashback is refused. ( or something like that )    

No point in complaining if that is in the T&Cs as you’ve agreed to the T&Cs of the offer if cashback is refused. 

by fizashah Investigator
Investigator

If that was the case wouldn't Quidco have pushed me to the carphone warehouse website instead of directly to EE home broadband site?

This is what Quidco say.

Please note: if you have raised a cashback claim and this has been declined, we're sorry, but we're unable to investigate this further as the retailer's decision is final. 

So that tells me EE have rejected my claim.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This is the problem with Quidco. The cashback offers are not guaranteed. Quidco make the offer to you, it is not an EE offer to you.  If Quidco negotiate a special deal, as is their business model, then they pass those savings to you - but do not guarnatee it.   So it is a little rich for Quidco to imply the blame is with EE - their contract was with Quidco and for whatever reason it was not honoured.  

All of this is the risk of relying on Quidco. They make it clear that nothing is guaranteed.  Most you reap the big benefit, a few you don't. Move on, and benefit from the next deal.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.