Highlighted
by
Explorer

EE fibre 145 installation question

Hi,

I am planning to use EE fibre 145. I checked the availability on EE website, and it shows I can have fibre in my flat. But I am not sure about the setup/installation process. Do they send me a router and I connect it to the existing cable or the engineer need to come and install the new cable/socket? Also, how long does it take to have the internet active?

I rent the flat recently and not moved in yet, so I don't know what internet provider was used before, and the contract says I cannot install the new cable/socket.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE fibre 145 installation question

You're referring to EE's G.Fast product, called EE Fibre Max 1.

1. If there's already a BT landline & phone socket there, even if unused, they'll use that Otherwise they will install 1.
  2. The OR eng will bring along a G.Fast modem.
  3. EE will supply a suitable router.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
Explorer

Thank you for your answer. 

Under the current circumstance, do you know how long does it take for the internet to active? Thank you.

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Any time within 2 weeks. You will be given a date when you place your order.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions