by rogerfr
Explorer

EE broadband transfer - BT say my landline is not recognised

I have excellent working fibre broadband but I was tempted by EE's deal and signed up for it. 

Two weeks after I'd started the transfer to EE Broadband, someone from EE phoned to say my landline 'number was not recognised' by the BT portal. The lady said could do nothing but create a new line with a new number. 

I've had broadband with Plusnet for years. I can add that while I was upgrading to Plusnet fibre 18 months ago, there was a system message saying 'number changed to 01763xxxxx'. And then a few days later 'number changed back to customer's number'. 

Does that strike anyone as the correct and only solution?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: EE broadband transfer - BT say my landline is not recognised

Hello @rogerfr as long as the number is still active yes you should be able to keep your number from Plusnet to EE.

Have you spoken to customer service about this on 150 from an EE landline/mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other since speaking to the sales agent?

The messages you received while on Plusnet should not affect your EE line or services but it is worth mentioning to customer service in case it is causing a problem with migrating the number. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @rogerfr as long as the number is still active yes you should be able to keep your number from Plusnet to EE.

Have you spoken to customer service about this on 150 from an EE landline/mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other since speaking to the sales agent?

The messages you received while on Plusnet should not affect your EE line or services but it is worth mentioning to customer service in case it is causing a problem with migrating the number. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rogerfr,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Profile closed.

Please get in touch with customer services and a member of the team will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does BT Broadband Availability Checker recognise your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by rogerfr
Explorer

SOLVED and SORTED Thank you everyone for the advice. 

Yes, BT Broadband Availability Checker was showing the "Contratulations you can now have Fibre broadband" kind of message.

I phoned EE and spoke to a different person who quickly got to the root of it: the address. The EE person asked if my address had ever been changed. It had a long, long time ago. When he tried the old house name he could see my number. My current house name showed another number which was long ago disconnected. It seems that the addresses on the Openreach system relate to medieval times and they don't update e.g. like postal addresses. 

There's only an issue, irrelevant really, that my billing and line addresses on the system will be different. The moral of the story is that if you change your name you can expect a lifetime of little issues. The same may apply to gender changes should I ever consider doing one.

Cheers.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @rogerfr good to hear the problem has now been resolved thank you for letting us know. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.