by Croqley Contributor
Contributor

EE Broadband set up nightmare no parental controls

Hi peeps,

Just been connected to EE home broadband today the wifi router is on all green lights, tried to follow the guidelines i got with the router but i am stuck on the parental controls as it doesnt give me the option to enable or disable, only problem is the connection is broken and unreliable as you now have to set the parental controls before you can get properly online, is there a way of enabling / disabling the parental controls another way?? Any help is much much appreicated.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE Broadband set up nightmare no parental controls

Can you not:

Select ‘I do not need parental controls’ and you’ll see this message for a couple of minutes. DON’T close this window until the process is complete.

in the Parental Controls window?

If not, note down your BB Username from the router if you don't already know it & try rebooting the router. When it comes back check your BB Username & pwd are still there & if not, enter them back in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Croqley Contributor
Contributor

Yeah tried and checked everything, reset the router, restored to factory settings and the option does not pop up when i open chrome, explorer, or opera!!! i just don't know what else i can do the usernames and passwords are all there the connection is working fine untill i try and connect it upto the PC, works with my android phone but just not the PC!! as it says you have to set up the parental controls in order to continue surfing.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The instructions about parental controls say "At this stage only connect 1 device". Did you do only that?

Switch off all other devices, reboot the router, connect your PC & open a browser. You should see the Parental Controls window giving the options to turn it ON or OFF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Croqley Contributor
Contributor

Started again only connected one device my PC got to the nearly there page but then it goes no where just stays there it says it takes 5 minutes but i have been waiting for 15 minutes because the connections unstable it keeps cuttin out any more suggestions??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't factory reset whilst connected to the phone socket. It'll only put you back to square 1 as a new connection talking to EE's set-up server.

I suggest you:

1. Disconnect router from socket.
  2. Factory reset.
  3. Login to router from PC.
  4. Enter your BB Username & pwd (overwriting readytoconnect@fs).
  5. Now connect back to socket.
  6. Are you now online?

by Croqley Contributor
Contributor

Tried everything i could in the end i connected it to another socket in the hall and now it works fine must of just been the junction box i have been online for 10 minutes now with no break ups so its just one of those things. Thanks for all your help with this issue tho.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it's now sorted.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Croqley Smiley Happy

I'm glad you were able to get up and running with @XRaySpeX's help.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

NTE5_fl(A) The Split FaceplateI'm concerned that the 1st socket you tried gave this problem. You should really be using the master socket for BB & a faulty socket might feed back to your BB & adversely affect it,  Which socket has a split faceplate like

by Croqley Contributor
Contributor

Didnt think about using the master socket first time i have had broadband so just plugged it into my living room socket as thats where i wanted the router to go i didnt realise it would be affected by this?? I just thought it would work in any of the three sockets i have but as i mentioned earlier i am now using the master socket and everything is fine and dandy no problems what so ever. Thanks again for all your help.

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.