cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband is awful and not working for online gaming

eeArePathetic
Visitor

Currently my internet states it is running at 17 ms ping, 16 mbps up (i was promised 30 but anyway) 3 mbps up and a jitter of 5ms. This may seem good but it is too slow so i decided to run a ping test online and it turns out the average ping is 70 ms, jitter is around 100 ms and the packetloss is around 10%. I have tested the router through a wired connection, I have reset the router, turned it on and off, left it alone for half a week and it is STILL awful and not working for online gaming. Isn't this illegal by scamming your customers by promising packages you cannot fulfill? 

Please don't tell me to try another router or other cables, I have already done this.

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

4. Run the command tracert BBC.co.uk .

5. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Brydo78
Visitor

have to agree . Worst choice ever going to EE . I Had mobile with them for 2 years and had no real problems apart from when abroad it let me down .The minute I renewed mobile and changed home broadband to them I have had no reliable internet connections to both home and also now my mobile.  16 months to go and can't wait to go back to sky . Sick of connection dropping midway through everything I do .

Rant over lol lesson learned 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Brydo78.

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our Broadband Tech team about this problem?

They will be able to run tests to try and help with this.

Jon

Cunningstunt1
Investigator
Investigator

Agreed, we have had EE wifi since April, not only did they manage to **bleep** the installation making us wait 10 weels but the signal is so **bleep** you need to be in the same room as the router. No point calling them because they just give you the whole **bleep** of "turn it off and on again" or "is it placed im the centre of the room/house" **bleep** am I supposed to do dangle it from the ceiling. Utter garbage as soon as we are going to a different provider. Any provider and based on all of this i will also probably move mobile networks too. 

I also have to agree, I have recently swapped from BT to EE broadband and it is possibly the worst decision I ever made! The signal doesn't even reach upstairs, which would be understandable if I lived in a mansion. I also get 'connected - no Internet' a lot on my devices. I really hate that I am stuck in contract and having to put up with this rubbish!

@Lemur77 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I have done all that. Called customer services a good few times now and I am still at square 1. 

@Lemur77 : You may have done it for CS but not to us. So there's no help we can give you w/out it. If you want to continue with CS, feel free to do so but this isn't CS.

Stephen1073
Explorer

Yep another customer saying the same thing here too!!… EE broadband is the worst move I’ve ever made when switching broadband providers!!.. I had everything with EE for many years and have already slowly started switching everything one by one to other providers as  EE mobile signal is absolutely terrible too now!! My advice to anyone thinking of going to EE for home broadband …. IS DONT!!.. absolutely terrible and can’t wait to get away from them