cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband Early Termination Fee

petezx9
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone explain how early termination fees for broadband are calculated please. It must be one heck of a grey art.

My current 18 month plan expires on 17th August.

On 18th July, I therefore initiated a move from EE to +net with a start date of 17th August.

I then get an email from EE saying there will be an early termination fee of £13.91.

How is moving my broadband on the day the contract officially ends terminating early? It's ludicrous.

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may have initiated this too early. BB terminations require 14 days notice not 30 days. EE have taken this notice to start when your new ISP informed them you were migrating your BB resulting in EE ceasing your line some days before your min. term is up.

BB ETFs can be found on p 12 of EE TV, Broadband and Home Phone Price Guide .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @petezx9

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see that you've moved your broadband from us.

@XRaySpeX is correct, the notice period for EE Home Broadband is 14 days. This is also covered under the EE Home network terms.

Hope this answers your question.

Chris

Seems to me a case of EE being determined to get extra money out of me regardless. Reading the two explanations and the info at the links, I can't see how there is any situation where a customer is not charged something for nothing.

They'll always be some overlap when switching between ISPs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
tdg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@petezx9 wrote:

Seems to me a case of EE being determined to get extra money out of me regardless. Reading the two explanations and the info at the links, I can't see how there is any situation where a customer is not charged something for nothing.

When I moved to BT they credited me the early termination fee, all £157 of it.  In fact they said they would pay up to £300! 

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Then BT must have messed you around as they wasn't going to for me until I kicked up a fuss about all the issues I had.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
tdg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

Then BT must have messed you around as they wasn't going to for me until I kicked up a fuss about all the issues I had.

No fuss.  I just sent them my final EE bill to the BT switching team as advised and my account was credited within a week.  Anyway EE, Plusnet and BT BB are all part of BT Group now so no skin off their nose.

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Then that was an offer they were doing paying off the final bill etc. Which is totally seperate of what you are saying now.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
tdg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

They paid the charge for early termination that was on the bill,  I still had 9 months to go on my EE contract.  I still had to pay for what I used up until the switch.