by whisky_wonderer
Explorer

DrayTek Vigor 2830n - Connection to EE Network

Hi,

I am trying to connect my DrayTek router to the EE network, but without success.

I have check and changed all of the settings mentioned in related posts. I have also upgraded the routers firmware to the latest available, and triple check my logon credentials. 

My current ISP connection configuration currently looks like the following. However, I don't have the option to select 'WAN Connection Detection' mode to 'PPP Detect', or to add a 'Separate Account for ADSL' . Other than that, my configuration is the same as other posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

screenshot.1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: DrayTek Vigor 2830n - Connection to EE Network

@whisky_wonderer : You are using that router on a standard ADSL connection? It is no good for Fibre.

What options does it offer for "Mode"?

What happens when you try to use it with your current settings as shown?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by whisky_wonderer
Explorer

Hi XRaySex,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I’m using a standard ADSL connection. I have also used the same ADSL filter and cable between both router, as this illuminates these as faulty parts.  

Under the ‘Mode’ option, I only have two options - which are: “ARP Detect” and “Ping Detect”.

Using the Draytek settings in the screenshot, I cannot connect to the EE network at all. When I switch back to the EE router internet access is fine. I am using a WAN IP via PING to Initially check for an internet connection.

Kind regards.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When using the Draytek settings in the screenshot, what does its DSL or WAN Status say?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions