Highlighted
by Mark1245 Investigator
Investigator

Does the 4g home broadband router have any ethernet connections?

Hi folks. I had a leaflet through the door telling me about the 4gee home broadband. Sounds perfect as my bt landline is terribly slow.

My only concern is we live in a cottage with thick granite walls which stops wifi working well, so I really reed an ethernet connection to the router. Does this clever little white box have one? I can find no information other than about wireless.

Thanks

9 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does the 4g home broadband router have any ethernet connections?

Not the EE devices but there are plenty out there that do.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

Hi, 

No it doesn't have one. You can use extenders and if you have one which also doubles as a homeplug theoretically you should be able to use it over the power lines in your home. 

I would also suggest you order a free 4G sim and test out your connection at home first before committing to an osprey 2 on contract. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Mark1245 Investigator
Investigator

So do I buy a router for my home, and get a 4g sim that plugs into it?

by Legend
Legend

@Mark1245 wrote:
So do I buy a router for my home, and get a 4g sim that plus into it?

That could be an option but I would get a PAYG sim free from the shop above and try out your 4G connection first before incurring cost in buying equipment. 

This could also be a better option: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-MR3020-Portable-Wireless-Router/dp/B00634PLTW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&...

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Mark1245 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks
My friend can use his 4g phone for internet here so presumably the connection is ok?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ye, if you like, but try out the signal there 1st, as @Northerner recommends, with a PAYG phone SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

@Mark1245 wrote:
Thanks
My friend can use his 4g phone for internet here so presumably the connection is ok?

As long as his network is EE. 

Thanks, 

by antenna Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes it does have ethernet ports the router is a huawei e5180 main powered router is no the same as mobile broadband e.g ospray mobile modem its a package called HOME 4GEE

All the details here http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/why-ee/family-home/home-broadband/4gee-home

ROUTER IS THIS MODEL http://www.store4g.com/huawei-e5180/

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/why-ee/family-home/home-broadband/4gee-home

Here is the prices for home 4gee contract
£28 20GB data
£33 30GB data
£44 50GB data

Then if you use your monthly allowance up extra data add ons are
£10 5GB
£15 10GB
£20 20GB

All pay monthly contract details are here in this .pdf for EE home 4gee

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE-PAYM-4GEE-Home-Price-Guide-091215.pdf

Also you can buy home 4gee on pay as you go also comes with the mains powered router the same as on contract on payg the router is £99 comes with 10 gig i have this package myself then just top up by top up voucher the data addons are below are for payg

payg home 4gee data addons.
£10 4GB
£15 10GB
£25 20GB

all info PAYG info in the .pdf http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE-PAYG-4GEE-Home-Price-Guide-120615.pdf

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilliamJ: 2 years ago, when this thread was active, the EE MBB router didn't have Ethernet ports but the current model does - see 4GEE Home Router .

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.