by bannosantoro Investigator
Investigator

Does showbox stream ok on EE fibre Plus

Hi everyone, I've just signed up for EE fibre plus to take over my Sky Fibre service. My question is, does showbox stream without problem on EE? I'm asking because of the shady traffic management policy that EE operates. If anybody could let me know that would be great, thanks.

Santoro

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Does showbox stream ok on EE fibre Plus

There are diff TM policies for diff BB products. The 1 with peak time throttling is for "Off-Net" ADSL BB. There is no throttling for Fibre BB.

Unfortunately the link to EE's TM policies is broken at the mo' ( @TiffJ: can someone fix the link on Broadband, Home Phone & EE TV terms & conditions to EE Broadband Traffic & Network management ?).

However Google provides this for the Fibre etc. TM : Section 1: Traffic management in relation to your broadband .

N.B. EE no longer block Port 25 SMTP over the EE BB network, as a spin-off from the email closure,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What TM policy? There is no TM on Fibre?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

if that's true then great. It's just I can't seem to find any up to date and accurate information regarding the traffic management policy. I found one document that said it was unlimited with no traffic management but then in another section it said there were restrictions on certain types of data?? It also said that traffic would be slow down in peak hours?? Is this for a different product or is it on fibre? And back to my first question, does showbox run without any problems on EE fibre?

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

There are diff TM policies for diff BB products. The 1 with peak time throttling is for "Off-Net" ADSL BB. There is no throttling for Fibre BB.

Unfortunately the link to EE's TM policies is broken at the mo' ( @TiffJ: can someone fix the link on Broadband, Home Phone & EE TV terms & conditions to EE Broadband Traffic & Network management ?).

However Google provides this for the Fibre etc. TM : Section 1: Traffic management in relation to your broadband .

N.B. EE no longer block Port 25 SMTP over the EE BB network, as a spin-off from the email closure,

Investigator

Cool, thanks for the info. So to be clear....is EE fibre truly unlimited in the same way that Sky Fibre is truly unlimited? No throttling, no blocking, no slow downs etc? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It does what it says on the tin. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.