by smudger9

Does EE allow SIP calls over land-line broadband

My wife is starting to work from home, which involves mostly dealing with telephone calls triaged through a program on her laptop. However, she cannot get the phone calls to come through the laptop program.

Having spoken to her IT department, she needs to have the ability to accept SIP calls through our broadband. Most providers should offer this apparently, but having spoken to EE on 2 seperate occasions, they deny any knowledge of SIP calls.

Has anyone managed to get SIP calls through EE broadband? Without this she will have to use her mobile which is a very inefficient way of working.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does EE allow SIP calls over land-line broadband

You should be able to. You will need to port-forward the SIP program on her lappy. Your IT Dept should be able to give you the necessary port details.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Gordon57 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've been using SIP for some time now. On my home (EE) broadband I use an ATA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_telephone_adapter) but have used a software phone too.  It depends what software you are trying to use, most come with instructions to say how to do port forwarding.  Since installing the adaptor box I've deleted the soft phone

On my EE mobile I use CSipSimple and have a few VOIP/SIP connections active with that. It works with the wifi on my home broadband 🙂 

by
EE Employee

Hi @smudger9 and welcome to the community.

Please do let us know how your wife gets on after speaking to her IT department as mentioned by @XRaySpeX

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.