by Skr1 Investigator
Investigator

Damaged Telephone line now replaced/repaired the broadband speed has dropped?

What is my next step . In the last 12 hours the speed has picked up but still below average.

7 REPLIES 7
by Skr1 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Damaged Telephone line now replaced/repaired the broadband speed has dropped

Just to add clarity The outside telephone line was replaced due to damage external 3rd party..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Damaged Telephone line now replaced/repaired the broadband speed has dropped

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Skr1

What speed did you receive before, and now?

It may just need to sync in as the quality of the line will be different of replaced. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Skr1 wrote:

What is my next step . In the last 12 hours the speed has picked up but still below average.

We will need more info.  How long did you have poor speed because of the damaged line? What speed did you get before damage? Speed during damage? Speed now?  How long since repair was done?  ADSL or VDSL?  What is you predicted speed from ADSL checker website?

It maybe that your damage had caused the line to be downgraded by DLM and that persists even after repair.  It maybe that the repair triggered a new DLM and that takes 10 days to optimise the speed for the new line.

by Skr1 Investigator
Investigator

Update still at half...speed 3:3 fluctuation. Should be 6:5 approx at best if ever .Open reach engineer called to say there is another fault ...Trying to locate I am 1:5 mile from cabinet high speed .....Then its copper all the way to me   rual location. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Skr1 and welcome to the community.

Please post the details which are asked for in the speed or connection help guide.

@XRaySpeX may be able to assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skr1 Investigator
Investigator

Password issue reason for delay...

Thank you for the support.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.