Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDNS Status issue

frenzy382
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Everyone,

I'm constantly getting the below message in my logs...anyone knwhat this is about?  The Dynamic dns page tells me i'm connected, but the log seems to indicate it's something different.

DDNS Status: error (the hostname xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net does not exist in this user accountor is not in the service specified in the system parameter)

thnx

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router? Which DDNS service have you invoked?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

it's a new EE smarthub...i think i've only had it a couple of weeks.

I'm using the NOIP service, utilising the viewdns.net domain for host.

thanks.

I have the same issue.

I need to be able to connect to my CCTV via the internet on 4GEE home router and it does not work. Is there a paid for service that will allow me to do it, or is there another provider who can offer this to me.

@MartGess : Does the 4GEE Home Router allow you to specify a DDNS? This thread is about fixed Home BB whose routers do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

@frenzy382 @MartGess 

I have managed to fix it by reducing the password length on my no-ip account to 12 characters with no special characters. Also, I made sure I used my username and not my email address to log in.

I hope that helps

This was very useful. Was under the same issue, but glad I found your post. 

Thanks, searching for this error lead me here, but your suggestion didn't fix it... I updated password as you suggested and changed my email for my username, but I'm still seeing:

> DDNS Status: error (the hostname xxx.ddns.net specified does not exist in this user accountor is not in the service specified in the system parameter)

In the "Event log" after I click refresh ...

Not sure what to try... I'm following these instructions exactly: https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/how-to-configure-ddns-in-router/

Could this be the message when the IP /hasn't/ changed?