by etsandy

Consistently Low (Capped??) Speed

Hello All,

After having a number of electrical faults in my home (All rectified now, thankfully!!) that had caused a number of restards on my VDSL modem/router(ASUS DSL-AC68U). The result of the restarts however is that it seems my line has been capped at the exchange, i beleive this as I had the connectiuon up for approx 30 days with <10 error on the downstream, my DR was 34999kbs at that point, I manualy reset the connection to see if it would change at all, to no avail with the connectiobn reseting back to 34999kbs. as you can see from the screenshot my thoerectical max is 78624kbs, however I typicaly got ~60000kbs. 

My question is, how would I go around unlocking or removing the cap on the line? is it something I can do or would it require a engineer visit?

Many Thanks in advance! 

Untitled.png

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Consistently Low (Capped??) Speed

@etsandy   This will require an engineer visit as your not in control of the line speed to your premises. Your  in control after the router. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Consistently Low (Capped??) Speed

Are you on Fibre Plus?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.