by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

Connection IP WiFi camera to upgraded Fiber Optic Broadband

Hi,

I've recently upgraded EE Fibre Optic Broadband and now my 2 IP WiFi camera is not connection to the app at all. it was all working perfect with my old EE Broadband.

I thought these IP WiFi camera only connect on 2.4GHz frequency so, I've manually change the frequency to 2.4GHz and turn off 5GHz frequency by logging on to my Router but still no luck.

is anyone have any idea what to do to resolve this issue?

thanks in advance for solutions.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Connection IP WiFi camera to upgraded Fiber Optic Broadband

@XRaySpeX @Katie_B @Alex_S

Hi guys,

just found a YouTube video on how to set this particular camera and it was just so simple to set it up. now my IP WiFi cameras are working perfectly. though I was using different steps/method with ADSL BB to connect this camera.

thanks for all your constant help.

BTW, this is the link of that YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaEsbLVZz8

Rgs,

20 REPLIES 20
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What make are the IP Cameras?

Have you set up Port Forwarding for them?

Does the app require you to register on the manufacturer's website? Does the manufacturer provide a cloud-based method of viewing the camera? Did you have to supply the app with the public IP of your router.

There is no reason that it won't work with Fibre BB when it was working with ADSL BB with the same router settings. Did you carry over all the relevant settings to your new router?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rupen1,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you still experiencing a connection issue with your camera?

Did you get a change to try any of @XRaySpeX suggestions?

Alex

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't see how the app can know where to find the camera if you don't supply it with the IP & port of the camera or register on a site.

Do you 1st set up the app while connected to your own LAN? Does the app work while on your own LAN but not outside?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

I'm not very technical but yes when setting up the camera my mobile device must be connected to home WiFi and when I search camera on the app it normally gets detected on ADSL BB but not on this Fiber BB.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it that detection by the app at home that is failing on the Fibre BB router? I assumed you had the usual problem of the app not seeing your camera away from home. Did it work OK away from home with the ADSL BB router?

That detection at home has nowt to do with the BB. It is not using it. It is a purely LAN operation & must be to do with a router setting.

Which router have you? Does it have a setting to turn uPnP ON?

You don't need to switch 5GHz WiFi OFF on the router. If the camera only does 2.4GHz it will find the right band.

Highlighted
by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX

I never had any problem within the home or away from home with ADSL BB router but with this Fiber BB my app is not detecting at all..... normally with ADSL BB when I was setting up camera, camera speaks like "connection successfull" which is not happening with this Fiber BB...

I have attached router picture here and don't know what is uPnP settings and where on router to turn that on 20190210_211616.jpg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's a EE Smart Hub. I'll have a look when I've finished watching the BAFTAs. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll find UPnP under Advanced Settings / Firewall/ Configuration. Switch it ON.

If that doesn't help:

@Rupen1 wrote:

when I search camera on the app it normally gets detected on ADSL BB but not on this Fiber BB.

That can't be the only way the app searches for the camera. It must have a manual method where you supply the app with the LAN IP of the camera. This you can get from router's Networks page.

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

this is my advance settings at the moment.20190210_211616.jpg

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing this @Rupen1

Have you had the chance to discuss this with our Broadband Gurus?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B

not yet but will call them over the weekend.

cheers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you looked at the app and seen if it fits my suggestion? 

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

please remind me of your suggestions again.

i've tried all i can but still no luck.

I don't understand what different settings between this Fiber BB and ADSL BB that my IP WiFi camera is not connecting at all on Fiber BB.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Instead of the app auto detecting the camera does it have a manual connection method asking you to supply it with the LAN IP of the camera. This you can get from router's Networks page.

I know I asked you to turn UPnP ON but you found it already ON, just on the off-chance can you turn it OFF & see if it makes any diff?

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

@XRaySpeX @Katie_B @Alex_S

Hi guys,

just found a YouTube video on how to set this particular camera and it was just so simple to set it up. now my IP WiFi cameras are working perfectly. though I was using different steps/method with ADSL BB to connect this camera.

thanks for all your constant help.

BTW, this is the link of that YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaEsbLVZz8

Rgs,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well done! Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

So it had nowt to do with the BB type or router.

by Rupen1 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

no, I don't think is anything to do with BB or Router

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, all video showed was a reset of the camera itself, probably to break the remembrance of the previous router, & a coupla normal WiFi connects.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.