Highlighted
by Bob85 Investigator
Investigator

Complain

I like to know how to block unwelcome users on my internet last time I called I was told by technical team it’s not there job to tell me how to do it  but saying that if I had the smart router I will not have this problem I upgraded late feb from normal Fabre to plus I called EE after 3 weeks or so to ask them to plz can they give me smart router the EE person tells me no and when I talk to him he tells me he try his best and what do I get bright box 2 I have couple of accounts we EE and this is how I’m treated

9 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: Complain

Hi, 

I'm not sure what you mean by unwelcome visitors. Your router should have a password so nobody but those who have the password should have access. You can always change this password on your router. 

There is no account access on these forums, so if you want to complain you can do so here via EE complaints process. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unwelcome users on my internet

What unwelcome users on your Internet? Are you saying peeps are connecting to your router? How do you know? What are they doing to you? It's very unusual & they would need to be very close.

You stop people getting on to your router by having strong admin & WiFi passwords & using WPA2 WiFi security. Which router you have it's all the same. They can all do this. They are usually set-up this way. The Smart Hub is no smarter than the Brightbox; it's just a name.

If you think peeps are connecting to your router, simply change your pwds to strong ones. Follow Changing Your WiFi Password on a Brightbox .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Bob85

Thanks for coming to community Smiley Happy

When you come back and answer @Northerner and @XRaySpeX then we may be able to help you further.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Bob85 Investigator
Investigator

1st question answer is having fully controll of u WiFi to be able to kick anyone that is using my internet when I first got my router I had a lot of guests on that day I have pen the writing out 

by Bob85 Investigator
Investigator

2nd question that it is the same as bright box 2 it isn’t the same that why it’s called a smart router if the bright box 2 and stop asking question instead of answering my questions first

by

Hi @Bob85

Have you set up your WiFi as private so no one can connect to it unless they use a password?

I think this is what @XRaySpeX is asking you, to try and find another way to help you.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Bob85 Investigator
Investigator

If u read my first message u got u answer

by Bob85 Investigator
Investigator

I still don’t have any reply to my question I answered questions ask of me instead of asking me for more more question it be nice to get my answers

by

Hi @Bob85,

As @XRaySpeX mentioned, changing your WiFi password will stop people who you have previously shared your password with from accessing your WiFi connection.

Hope this helps.

James 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.