by GrahamBell Investigator
Investigator

Compensation

Have been without phoneline and Briadband for 6 weeks. 

Have made getting on for 15 phone calls averaging about 30 mins per call( including waiting times), have sent about 29 emails to the team leader who is "personally" handling my case. 

Been fed numerous lies about progress. 

Have asked to upgrade the complaint to manager level. 

Will I be compensated for this? How to I complain to OFCOM?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Compensation

Hi @GrahamBell

Welcome to the EE Community, I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm sure that the team leader in question is following our complaints process.

However, if you feel that they are not, I recommend taking a look at our ways to complain page to seek further steps/an alternative route.

I hope this helps and you find a resolution soon.

Chris

11 REPLIES 11
by
Solution

Hi @GrahamBell

Welcome to the EE Community, I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm sure that the team leader in question is following our complaints process.

However, if you feel that they are not, I recommend taking a look at our ways to complain page to seek further steps/an alternative route.

I hope this helps and you find a resolution soon.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OFCOM don't handle individual complaints. You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Thanks for adding some help to this, @XRaySpeX.

Chris

Investigator

I find it so frustrating. 

The repair is totally dependent on Openreach. 

As a customer I cannot contact them to see what progress is being made. If my repair is High Prioriry why is there no OR engineer working in the hole now to connect the wires together to get some land line and Internet into my house. If someone from Openreach would give me their gameplan about fixing my repair I would feel less frustrated. 

I really do think there needs to be a shake up about the communication process between OR and the customer. How can this shake occur? Pressure from providers maybe. 

Moan over 

by

Hi @GrahamBell,

I understand your frustration with this issue and hope it's resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

James

by Shelby00 Investigator
Investigator

I have no idea why someone would say that Ofcom don't handle personal complaints.  I have had a personal complaint when with a different company handled and resolved by them to a very satisfactory level. 

However I would recommend that you use The Resolver who is available to everyone for all complaince related matters and that's for all of the 'ombudsman ' for every industry 

My sister has just had a great resolution through them for car insurance 

The compensation for a landline when you are without any service for a full week is actually paid for each of the days and when I was compensated BT had to do a  weeks worth of the cost of the line rental for every single day i was without service 

There's a link on Money Saving Expert straight to the Resolver and is a very simple process 

Good Luck with it

by
EE Employee

Hi @GrahamBell,

Have you had any further updates regarding your issue?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thank you for info about contacting OFCOM. 

Investigator

Lee

openreach have repaired the cable that the hole diggers cut.  Not sure if they have done anything else. They had to put a new cable run from the hole to to the house. Laying it at the edge of my lawn. For over a week we have had a couple of metres of cable waiting to be put under the block paving between lawn and house. No idea when this will be done. 

I think they have signed off the original fault but I find the speed is slower than it was in June. 

EE I think are waiting until everything finished before discussing a refund of money paid for 6 weeks of unacceptable broadband and hopefully compensation. My complaint has reached Manager level after my request. 

R

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@GrahamBell wrote:

I find the speed is slower than it was in June.

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Morning @GrahamBell

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for helping @XRaySpeX

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.