Changing my username for EE home broadband to match new gmail address

How to change my username for EE broadband to be like my new gmail address

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Changing my username for EE home broadband to match new gmail address

If you mean the BB username in the router for logging onto the EE network, you don't.

Altho' based on your email addy, your BB username in the router is unchanged. It's just a unique string of chars that IDs you to EE's servers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

If you mean the BB username in the router for logging onto the EE network, you don't.

Altho' based on your email addy, your BB username in the router is unchanged. It's just a unique string of chars that IDs you to EE's servers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@lizfield, do you mean in your account or do you mean your router? I have not changed mine, it is still the same.

You can go into your account and change your email address there, but you can still log-in with your old broadband unsername, it does not matter.

Once you have changed your preferred email address, you should be able to log-in to your account with your new email address.

by lizfield Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Actually what I think I mean is that when I receivd an email about my bb account statement now being available online, the username is still some of the words from my old freeserve address. And I wondered if I should change it to be more like words from my new gmail address.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@lizfield, Did you mean that you are receiving emails about your broadband account via your old freeserve account? Then you will need to go into accounts to change your email address to your gmail address, but for your broadband router, the log-in is still the same and does not change, if that makes sense.

Established Contributor

Kin trying to set a new username and password I seem to have done something to my freeserve ace and now it's saying I can't receive emails. Have they blocked freeserve emails already ahead oof next week? Or have I my settings?

Established Contributor

Emails from EE about my bb account and bills are only coming to my new gmail address but the username is still words like from my old freeserve address. They seem to have my new address ok. Just thought the username needed to be like my gmail address now. Thanks

Established Contributor

I think the problem with not being able to receive emails from my freeserve address is because I re-entered my usual password for that account but it must think it's a change and I will have to wait for a few hours for it to reset itself. Does that make sense? I should just wait until the morning I suppose.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you want to change your contact email addy for bills & suchlike you need to login with your old Freeserve username at https://web.orange.co.uk/id/profilemanagement.php?dub=1 and change it there by editing your "Preferred email:".

For logging into your online EE BB a/c you may then use your old Freeserve username still or your new GMail email addy. Your choice!

Forget changing anything in the router. It stays as it is as I explained earlier.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.