by briancoach

Changed to bt router and it's only worked for 2 days now packed up any advise

Why did I bother to change bt router has packed up after 2 days and trying to get through to help desk is mission impossible  any body got any advice.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Changed to bt router and it's only worked for 2 days now packed up any advis

Surprised it worked at all with a BT router due to the incompatability of the format of BB usernames. Put the EE router back in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Changed to bt router and it's only worked for 2 days now packed up any advis

@briancoach   Why are you using a BT router ?  where did you get this BT router from ?  It will be registered to someone’s account on BT so you’ll find it will not work. 

if you don’t want to use the EE router  you will have to go out and purchase one that is not linked to a network provider like this BT one is. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B  BT Routers are not specifically linked to the BT Network, and will work with other ISP's, providing as @XRaySpeX  has already mentioned the Username and password format is compatible.

There are many PlusNet customers using the BT HH's successfully.

From experience, I know the BT HH5 will not work on EE, but I have not tried the later HH6.

@briancoach  Did you change the username and password on the BT Router? Which version did you try?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.