by Espen
Explorer

Cannot connect with modem

Hi All

I have a switched network in my house with 24 data points so I have a seperate modem and WiFi router.

The modem is a TP-link TD-8817. 

I just changed to EE but I am unable to get the modem to connect to EE.

See screenshot of interface page attached. Any ideas??failed login.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot connect with modem

Are you on ADSL BB or Fibre? That's not a modem but an ADSL2+ modem/router. Are you running the WiFi router you mention off it?

You need these changes:

• VPI = 0
  • VCI = 8
  • Encapsulation = PPPoE VC Mux
  • TCP MTU = 1492
  • Maybe following on from that: TCP MSS = 1412, altho' I would have thought it should be 1452.
  • Is there no VLAN ID (= 101)? - Only for Fibre.

What are 24 data points? You mean devices?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Espen
Explorer

Hi XrayspeX

Many thanks for your reply.

It is BB and not fibre.

The modem is connected to a switch via an ethernet cable. the switch has 24 ports that go out to various rooms with ethernet ports in the wall. 

The wifi router is attacched to one of these points. It was working great with previous provider, but with trying to connect to a new provider I met the wall.

Many thanks for tips. I will try these.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll have to! You won't make any connection with the current settings. I'm surprised it defaulted to those as most routers default to the usual settings that most ISPs use.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.