by agavin Investigator
Investigator

Cancelation within contract

hi.

i have just signed up to switch my broadband provider back to plusnet (i was with them previously without issues, but Uswitch'ed to EE when i found a cheaper deal + EETV looked as though it would be good).

Plusnet are my mobile provider and have offered me fibre broadband much cheaper than i am currently getting standard broadband from EE, some extra credit in my account as i will be liable for early exit fees with EE, as well as double mobile data (what they call 'mates rates').

i have wanted to leave EE for some time, having had constant issues with internet drop-out and/or throttling at peak times. as well as the EETV box not recording properly (out of synch tv guide despite updates and fantastic signal). all of which i have been in contact with EE about; given advice, etc... but nothing yeilded a fix.

despite plusnet haveing confirmed that i do not need to contact EE (they will sort out cancellation of my service with yourselves on their end during the transfer request). i just wanted to give EE a heads-up that i will be leaving, and get some kind of ballpark on what my early contract cancelation fee will be. but i can find no online method of doing so (hence my post here), and i am not willing to call EE and have to go through uneccessary conversations in an attempt to change my mind about leaving (i also have a bit of an issue, as i believe does distance selling regs, regarding being required to phone in order to cancel contracts entered into online).

basically, i just want an idea of what my early cancellation fee will be (as plusnet has offered to more or less meet it).

i pay about £35 a month (since my 12 month deal ended); standard broadband, EETV, and line rental. my minimum contract ends on the 15th march, and my plusnet transfer of service is due to start on 25th january.

i know that it would have been easier to wait until my contract ended, but with plusnet making me such a good offer, and increasing frustration with both my internet service an EETV box, i could not wait to switch.

thanks in advance for any support.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Cancelation within contract

@agavin: I pointed you at the doc. containing the ETFs in my 1st post. They are at a flat monthly rate per product, not connected to your current monthly fees.

The danger of talking to the losing ISP is as soon as they hear anything like the word "cease" they place a BT OR "cease" marker on the line preventing it being migrated & it's the devil's own job getting it removed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @agavin

Welcome to the community.

You can find information on how to cancel your EE TV and broadband on our How to cancel my EE TV service help and support page.

I understand that you're reluctant to call, but, the call centre team have access to your account and will be able to action this for you.

They will give you details of our current plans (but only if you want them to).

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

See p12 of EE TV, Broadband and Home Phone Price Guide .

You needn't/shoudn't get in touch with EE about your migration. Let PN take care of everything but the final bill. Migrations are carried out according to Ofcom's Gaining Provider Led (GPL) process.

Cancelling your EE TV is not what you are after, but the whole caboodle.

P.S. I tried answering this last night but your post disappeared for some reason as I pressed "Post".

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by agavin Investigator
Investigator

thanks for your responce.

like i said, i dont need assistance actioning my cancellation. as plusnet will/are doing this for me (already have a start date for new service).

i will not call anyone when its not neccessary. especially when, despite what anyone says, retention attempts are always made.

i was just requesting if anyone who knows more than i do, or has past experience with ending a contract before minumum term, would be able to give some kind of ballpark figure on what i may expect to be billed upon ending my contract early. taking the contract term end date, start date of new service, current monthly fees, etc... given.

i understand that i will be liable for the payment i would have ordinarily made up until my contract end date. but have no idea (and cannot find in terms and conditions) what kind of extra fee would be aplicable for early migration.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@agavin: I pointed you at the doc. containing the ETFs in my 1st post. They are at a flat monthly rate per product, not connected to your current monthly fees.

The danger of talking to the losing ISP is as soon as they hear anything like the word "cease" they place a BT OR "cease" marker on the line preventing it being migrated & it's the devil's own job getting it removed.

by agavin Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

''You needn't/shoudn't get in touch with EE about your migration. Let PN take care of everything but the final bill. Migrations are carried out according to Ofcom's Gaining Provider Led (GPL) process.''

thanks for your responce. you have confirmed what plusnet told me, which gives some confidence.

apologies for taking so long to reply; ee internet issues 😛

by agavin Investigator
Investigator

was just about to read it when i was notified of your reply.

problem solved.

cheers pal!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by agavin Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

not sure if it matters if its towards the end of the month (my start date with plusnet is 25th jan); i.e, if you pay a relitive proportion of the given fee to how long is left in the month, or if the fees are rounded up to whole months.

ive worked it out as a worst case and rounded up to whole months. this adds up to about £10 less than im getting back in credit from plusnet for migrating before contract end. so happy with this (will earn that £10 backwithin a couple of months of cheaper internet and my boosted phone data allowance). so best case ill be getting more back in credit from plusnet than i have to pay in early cancellation charges.

thanks again,

take care.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm not sure either whether BB ETF's are pro-rated, but EE's ones for mobile phones are but they are based on actual monthly rentals less VAT.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.