by ohdaesu Investigator
Investigator

Can't remove devices from smart hub

Not long had my smart hub and am having issues with my WD my cloud being seen by my Samsung TV. 

If I restart the hub my TV sees it but if I turn the TV off and on again it won't see it. 

When I check the devices on the hub its showing as connected, but there is also a WD mycloud home showing up in the list, but not connected, which I have unplugged as it had to be rma'd.

Is there a way to remove the disconnected drive from the device list as I'm not sure if I'm getting a conflict. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can't remove devices from smart hub

Yes, there's a Remove button on each item in the list of devices. Are you looking at it under Advanced Settings? Home things are pretty limited.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ohdaesu

Which my cloud you using? (I have a 3tb version). I also have a Samsung smart TV. 

Have you checked that your Ethernet doesn't have a powersave option?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, there's a Remove button on each item in the list of devices. Are you looking at it under Advanced Settings? Home things are pretty limited.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ohdaesu Investigator
Investigator

It's the mycloud, was working fine on my old net gear router and the mycloud home was working well using plex but it packed up after 3 weeks so have sent it back. 

I've tried removing devices but there is no way to do it as far as I can see, looked everywhere including under advanced. 

by ohdaesu Investigator
Investigator

Just tried again but using a different browser, and now the remove buttons are there

Removed the cloud drive and now the TV can see it, thanks all for the advice

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There must be a way. It's on my SH. Post an image of what you are looking at. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

by ohdaesu Investigator
Investigator

Thought it had solved the issue with the tv not seeing the drive but it's gone again, just set my tv to WiFi instead of having it on a cable and it sees it,

Very odd it keeps losing the drive when hard wired.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions