by tsne16487 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can I put my 4G EE Router Sim into another 4G router?

Since the EE 4G router has garbage back end functionality (no port forwarding), would it be possible to install my EE Sim into another 4G Router?

Would I still be able to check my usage like I can at the moment?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I put my 4G EE Router Sim into another 4G router?

Yes, as long as it's unlocked or locked to EE.

Yes, the usage & other functionality of the SIM is not affected by the router it's in.

I can't see it'll help with Port Forwarding as EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & so port forwarding/inbound access to the router is not normally possible. This is unlike fixed BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tsne16487 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey thanks for getting back Xray, so If I were to buy n unlocked router that would allow port forwarding so I can open up my NAT on my PS4, actually we hvae 3 PS4's and an xbox one (damm kids), then that would work fine? And I would be able to play mutliple games at once from different devices?

And Im not penalised with throttling by EE if I do this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

See my earlier edit while you were posting.

EE don't care what device you have the SIM in. It's the SIM that matters to EE, not the device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @tsne16487 yes you can use your EE SIM card in any device and yes you can check your data the normal way here:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

The only difference is you will have to enter the link manually as a none EE router will not have this option listed on the homepage like the EE router does at http://192.168.1.1.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.