by Becca199777 Investigator
Investigator

Can I connect ee broadband to a sky q box

I have ee broadband and am thinking about getting sky q. Will my broadband connect to sky q. I already have sky in my home but want to upgrade but don’t want sky broadband?? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I connect ee broadband to a sky q box

Hi @Becca199777 the bright box is EE's older router & the EE smart hub is the new router but they will both connect to a Sky Q box.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Becca199777 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Your EE hub will connect to a Sky Q box for on demand services.

Thanks,

David.

Investigator

Might sound a bit stupid but is and ee hub and brightbox the same thing
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Becca199777 :  No, they are both BB routers but the EE Smart Hub is the latest & the Brightbox is its predecessor from about 2 years ago.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Becca199777 the bright box is EE's older router & the EE smart hub is the new router but they will both connect to a Sky Q box.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

Investigator

Does it cost extra for the smart hub because I currently pay £35.50 a month?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not the cost; it's the product you're on. EE now gives the EE SH to new & upgrading customers on Fibre BB. Do you have standard ADSL BB or Fibre?.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Standard adsl
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Becca199777 is fibre available in your area ? if it is you probably could get fibre for cheaper than your paying now.

Investigator

Yes it is.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Becca199777  I would speak to EE about upgrading your service to fibre it would mean a new 18 month commitment but you would also be sent a new EE smart hub.

Highlighted
by foxijax Investigator
Investigator

Hi   I've had Sky Q plus one mini box for a few years now, and I changed my bb to EE fibre with the Smart Hub a few days ago. I'm happy to report that everything works just fine. I used all the standard settings for both the EE hub and Sky Q. Happy days!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions