by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

Caller display STILL missing

Caller display is still not working after it being uninstalled and reinstalled and spending at least an hour on the phone with EE's Malcolm in Plymouth last Sunday 26/05. I'm 90 and this is causing me so much upset. I use my landline all the time and I do not want to answer if I cannot see the caller's name. The callers are all in my phone book, and I have never had this problem before moving to EE - was with Plusnet for years. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

Re: Caller display STILL missing

Message from EE on 30/05

Hello J

The following EE feature(s) are now available to use on your EE home phone line, 017*********:

We've added the following feature(s) to your phone line:

Caller Display £0.00 per. month

If any feature listed above includes a monthly charge, this will be shown on your next bill.

Need anything else? Just get in touch.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. I'm afraid you will need to call EE again & complain that Caller ID is not working altho' they promised it would be.

For what reason was it previously uninstalled and reinstalled?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @JoMM

Thank you for coming to the community.

I am sorry to hear this is happening and I would love to look at this further. 

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

I think it was taken away and put back again to try to fix caller display disappearing. As I said I'm 90 now and cannot spend 20 minutes  waiting to get through. If it could not be fixed by being removed and put back againcould it be my phone? Sometimes callers are displayed. Sometimes not. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Could well be your phone if it's there sometimes. Can you try another phone? When it's not there does the display say anything like "Withheld"?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

Caller display

My daughter has today bought and installed a new phone to try to sort my problems with Caller Display. It has not worked. My caller numbers are all input correctly, and yet caller display is totally erratic. A call at 7pm showed the caller id, a call from the same person 3 minutes later did not. EE keeps sending me SMS and email messages telling me it is sorted, with no reply to address, and it is not sorted. I am 90 and use the landline for nearly all my calls. So very disappointing. Would changing to a different supplier sort the problem? It is definitely not my phone at fault and EE tell me that a BT openreach fault is now sorted.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Caller display

If you can see the Caller ID on any incoming call it is working. It will depend on how the caller dials to call you.

• If a caller has a permanently withheld no, he may purposely allow it by prefixing the call with '1470'. Perhaps your caller only did this on the 1st call.
  • If a caller doesn't have a permanently withheld no, he may purposely withhold it by prefixing the call with '141'. Perhaps your caller did this on the 2nd  call.

What did the display read on the 2nd call?

by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Brand new phone. ALL friends and family contacts
methodically setup as VIPs, with full STDs. First call read
'Andy mob' at 18.57, second call, from the same caller, 4
minutes later read 'No number'. Totally erratic, and has been
for 3 + weeks. EE has tried removing Caller Id, re-adding caller
ID, and has involved BT open reach, no change.

Thank you for trying to help

Jo

Virus-free. www.avast.com

by JoMM Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for trying to help. One call shows the caller's ID, the next call from the same person not. It has nothing to do with withheld numbers. These are friends and family who call me regularly and who are mostly old like me and don't know about prefixing. They are trying to help me troubleshoot the nearly month old problem with the erratic caller display. Brand new phone has exactly the same issue, so it must be a line or network issue. I just want EE to sort it out. I am an old lady and dependent on my landline and knowing who is calling is very important to me. Pics show the

same caller - 3 mins. apart. No special code first or withheld or anything.

I suppose this is why it is so hard for EE to sort out. It is working occasionally. 

ErY4PIan.jpg_small (1).jpgZi_LJ1X1.jpg_small (1).jpg

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.